• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. TuxPuck
  3. You attacked the shell, didn't you?

User Info: BTB

BTB
5 years ago#461
Fair enough.

I've got everyone back in my run except for Locke (in the Phoenix Cave right now), Mog, and Umaro. Mage Celes is terrifyingly powerful - she's hitting for 7,000 damage with Bolt TWO (granted, that's hitting a weakness, but still). Probably my second hardest hitter behind her is Sabin abusing elemental weaknesses with his claws (I only fall back on Bum Ruish when that isn't an option). Cyan still contributes appreciably with Dragon, but his role at this point seems to be to have way more HP than everyone else and not die ever.
"Good luck and good gaming." -Klaravoyia

User Info: Averlus

Averlus
5 years ago#462
Having a vigor-pumped Cyan, I didn't get a lot of mileage out of Dragon, even on the FC. Flurry did more damage against anything with less than stellar defense (which is virtually everything on the FC >_>).

I'll send you a new patch with the updated Morph stuff when I'm able to pull out my laptop tomorrow.
GET A SILK BAG FROM THE GRAVEYARD DUCK TO LIVE LONGER.

BTB
5 years ago#463
M'kay.

Also, you've edited the Moogle Charm formula since you gave me the old patch, haven't you?

BTB
5 years ago#464
You might want to have a look at the regen formula... my Celes with 2,000 max HP and 27 stamina is regening more than my Terra with 1750 max HP and 88 stamina.

Terra should be getting about 125 HP back per tick, but is only getting about 80.

BTB
5 years ago#465
Ok, so Fanatics tower and Kefka's Tower prep is all down. All in all, I'm satisfied with how everything ended up. I guess I'll wait on that new patch to make my run.

Also, I ended up sticking with Stamina on Cyan throughout the entire game. My end-game Cyan has 64 vigor on equipment load-out and almost as much stamina. The result is Dragon and Tempest doing just about the same damage (though my Cyan is also wearing the Nirvana Band).

Averlus
5 years ago#466
I sent a new patch. Re-test that stuff you had issues with and let me know how it goes.

One thing I forgot to mention is that Umaro's damage is still pretty underwhelming, outside of instances where he throws Mog. Storm in particular seems pretty useless, almost to the point that you'd prefer him to just fight.

BTB
5 years ago#467
Yeah, I noticed the same thing with my Umaro, as well.

...I could raise his magic and speed, I suppose.

(EDIT: actually, would probably make more sense to raise his vigor and magic power. I suppose we could try a base vigor of 90 and a base magic power of 60 and lower them to 75 and 45 if they seem too ridiculous.)

BTB
5 years ago#468
Ok, yeah, just ran some tests with Umaro at 90 vigor and 60 magic power and his attacks are doing about the sort of damage I imagine we want to be seeing out of him.

I also bumped up his base defense, as it's actually quite low due to his lack of armor.

BTB
5 years ago#469
Ok, regen looks good now (what was wrong with it?). Morph looks good, as well - I really like how it works now. The effectiveness of stamina caps at 96, right? Because that's about where my Terra is at with load-out, and I'm going to switch her over to Tritoch/Ragnarok for the end of the game.

I sent you updated... well, everything. I'd say I'm pretty much done on my end for the update (still need to run the tower, but I'm feeling pretty confident). You think tomorrow is a good goal for a release?

Averlus
5 years ago#470
I'm guessing at 90 vigor, he closes in on 8000 damage when he throws Mog. Mine was breaking 6000 at level 29 with 60 vigor.

If everything checks out, tomorrow works for me.
  1. Boards
  2. TuxPuck
  3. You attacked the shell, didn't you?
  • Topic Archived