• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. TuxPuck
  3. You attacked the shell, didn't you?

User Info: Squid7777

Squid7777
6 years ago#41
Tier 2 of the final battle is kicking my butt every time. I've tried 5 different parties, and I usually get through the first tier without losing anyone. Then I spend about 4 or 5 turns attacking tier 2 before it turns into a heal-fest, which always ends up in a losing battle. I may have to turn tail and run so I can level up a bit. Everyone is in their 30's though.
"That's the way real men do it. They fire hadokens, suplex trains, and eat Ultima for breakfast. Sabin for Emperor 2013." NovaLevossida

User Info: BTB

BTB
6 years ago#42
Because Tier 2 has the most enemies, it's the tier where you have to utilize the most forms of defense (physical for Hit, fire/ice for Tiger, etc.)

The best thing to do seems to be to identify whichever one is kicking your ass the most (again, usually either Hit or Tiger) and prioritize killing it ASAP.
"Good luck and good gaming." -Klaravoyia

User Info: mooglemaster17

mooglemaster17
6 years ago#43
Out of curiosity, where is the best place to earn GP in the World of Ruin?
"I see a bright hope for the future that resides in each and every human being..."
>< ((((*>

BTB
6 years ago#44
mooglemaster17 posted...
Out of curiosity, where is the best place to earn GP in the World of Ruin?

The forests near Jidoor.

User Info: Ecclesiastes273

Ecclesiastes273
6 years ago#45
Bring your big guns to that place. They make you earn every bit.
Maybe it's because I don't come here very often, but I read some of your posts and have absolutely no idea whether or not you like the game.
-psicomelite

BTB
6 years ago#46
The Noiseblaster works well there >.>

Anyhow, I haven't had time to sit down in the last few days and work on the regen/seizure formulas as I've been busy on a video game metal binge (I'm sharing again, by the way - link is on the home page of my site).

On another note, I had some read bean ice cream at the sushi bar I go to - it's a gazillion times better than the green tea.

User Info: mooglemaster17

mooglemaster17
6 years ago#47
Ecclesiastes273 posted...
Bring your big guns to that place. They make you earn every bit.

No kidding, I wasn't expecting that at all. The frogs are a pain in the ass in general but when I ran into the Movers I was stunned to say the least. I had a pretty s***y party (Terra with Strago, Shadow, and Relm at lower levels) and between the hammers and blasters Shadow was the only one left standing at the end of the battle. After the first encounter it was much easier to plan out my strategy against them.

BTB,

Are other areas in the WOR similar as far as having a rare encounter like the Movers in the forest? I always loved that concept and felt like Square didn't have much of it in the original.
"I see a bright hope for the future that resides in each and every human being..."
>< ((((*>

BTB
6 years ago#48
mooglemaster17 posted...
Are other areas in the WOR similar as far as having a rare encounter like the Movers in the forest? I always loved that concept and felt like Square didn't have much of it in the original.

Not really. There are a few backdoors I put in that can be specifically invoked for certain purposes (like a way to encounter any missable Veldt formations), but nothing else quite like that unless you count the Brachosaurs in the dinosaur forest or Cactrots.

User Info: RingoBell

RingoBell
6 years ago#49
Did people suddenly stop playing, or did discussion move somewhere else (again)?
Ya know, one of these days I'm gonna think of something to put here...

User Info: Averlus

Averlus
6 years ago#50
Discussion has died down recently, as far as I can tell. None of the places I routinely check have had much activity over the past week or two.
GET A SILK BAG FROM THE GRAVEYARD DUCK TO LIVE LONGER.
  1. Boards
  2. TuxPuck
  3. You attacked the shell, didn't you?
  • Topic Archived