• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. TuxPuck
  3. You attacked the shell, didn't you?

User Info: BTB

BTB
6 years ago#11
Squid7777 posted...
That's how you can also see what other un-equippable characters have on, such as Bannon, Leo, etc.

Banon and Leo aren't wearing anything at all >.>

<.<

>.>
"Good luck and good gaming." -Klaravoyia

BTB
6 years ago#12
All right, reporting the list of things that need to be changed in the next update:

• I need to figure out why Gau's stamina-based attacks are doing s*** for damage (and look into their row-ignoring properties)

• Adjust Chupon's HP threshold so that you can't kill him off with Joker Doom (this is a rare case, but somebody managed it)

• Make bosses immune to the Rerise status

• Several chunks of map in the WoR were left no-encountered by mistake

• A typo when Cyan is talking to Sabin on the Soul Train

• The Discord effect is broken, and I think I'm going to take it out and just have it cause bserk/muddle instead

• Might nerf Sabin's armor selection a bit more or something

• Tempest and maybe Eclipse might like a power boost

• The Zantetsuken might need a little boost, as well

• The baseline damage in the Atma Weapon formula might be raised from 1 to a full 8-bit value since its otherwise a rather nerfed weapon in this mod

• May want to start looking into the stamina/status resistance formula to make it a little less effective than it currently is (i.e. 128 Stamina is total immunity to all attacks that consider it)

User Info: Averlus

Averlus
6 years ago#13
BTB posted...
• May want to start looking into the stamina/status resistance formula to make it a little less effective than it currently is (i.e. 128 Stamina is total immunity to all attacks that consider it)

There's also the option of bringing stamina bonuses in line with the rest of the bonuses, which is my ultimate goal. This would also help to make Sabin a bit less immortal.
GET A SILK BAG FROM THE GRAVEYARD DUCK TO LIVE LONGER.

BTB
6 years ago#14
The only problem with that is that Stamina still has to be an attractive option for *other* characters, as well. I could adjust the power of Aurabolt, and work lowered stamina boosts around it, yes, but the end result is that it ends up being a very unattractive choice for other characters.

Before I continue any further down this line of thought, I should probably poll the masses to see what the biggest draw of boosting stamina is: increased regen ticks or increased chances to evade status attacks.

BTB
6 years ago#15
...that said, my current line of thought is simply to halve the effectiveness of Stamina for attack checks (1/256 instead of 1/128).

Averlus
6 years ago#16
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it's the boosted regen ticks. And I'd be perfectly fine with reeling regen itself in a little bit.

Averlus
6 years ago#17
BTB posted...
...that said, my current line of thought is simply to halve the effectiveness of Stamina for attack checks (1/256 instead of 1/128).

I dislike that solution tremendously as it works counter to my stated goal of bringing stamina boosts back in line with the other stat boosts.

User Info: Squid7777

Squid7777
6 years ago#18
For me, Stamina was more about the Regen, and (only a little) less about status resistance.
"That's the way real men do it. They fire hadokens, suplex trains, and eat Ultima for breakfast. Sabin for Emperor 2013." NovaLevossida

Averlus
6 years ago#19
Averlus posted...
BTB posted...

I dislike that solution tremendously as it works counter to my stated goal of bringing stamina boosts back in line with the other stat boosts.

I should restate that. I don't dislike the solution itself, I just dislike it for the purposes of this discussion. Since we're already talking about adjusting stamina and stamina-related effects, this is a perfect time to work on moving stamina boosts to +1/+2 like everything else, and not just put a band-aid on the issue and consider it fixed.

User Info: Ecclesiastes273

Ecclesiastes273
6 years ago#20
When I played, most everyone had enough Stamina to beef up Regen ticks, and a few people went nuts on it, like Strago, Relm, and Gau. The status evasion was noticeable and helpful.

Overall, I feel my main reason for raising Stamina was for the status effects. Helped a lot in not being addicted to status protecting Relics, because having more freedom in what I'm wearing means more to me than a trifle amount of baseline damage. There were various times where status effects were a big deal, regardless. So while I was amped up on Stamina, I was still making prodigious use of those Relics. It just made things more comfortable and loose for me.

That said, were Regen benefits to go down some, I wouldn't be sore about it, nor would I gripe about lower status evasion. Stamina always felt like a bonus stat to me, even when I was building characters up specifically for Regen/Status. Curiously, it's probably still my most important stat outside of straight HP/MP bonuses, whether or not it'll be nerfed.

Yes, I realize I'm a weird player for having Vigor/Magic as secondary stats. Equipment, base damage, and levels took care of those areas enough for my tastes. Bosses took forever to kill, though.
Maybe it's because I don't come here very often, but I read some of your posts and have absolutely no idea whether or not you like the game.
-psicomelite
  1. Boards
  2. TuxPuck
  3. You attacked the shell, didn't you?
  • Topic Archived