• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. TuxPuck
  3. ...you attacked the shell, didn't you?

User Info: BTB

BTB
6 years ago#471
Ecclesiastes273 posted...
I like both weapons. Omega Weapon was great as a magic booster on Celes, and her HP boosts made it easier to maintain an acceptable damage output. It wasn't a Lv3 spell, but it wasn't terrible as a no MP backup. Ragnarok/Illumina outdate it, I'm sure, but I didn't grab that until the final dungeon. The main hindrance is that the break-even point for the weapon is hideously high, and just a dream in this mod. Not that I don't very much agree with the level cap.

My (proposed) solution to this would be to simply bump up the baseline damage a skosh so that it's not a horrible weapon at low HP, and even a sort of decent one at full HP.

Ecclesiastes273 posted...
I would dabble with an LP thing like I did with my DCC, but I'd have to deal with setting up voice recording and all that(I may get mailbombed for doing it with annotations again). Besides, I don't think people could handle my luxurious baritone. In truth, I'm just tech lazy.

Hey, we'd love to hear it. I've been watching the vids that are posted tuis far, but all of them are either not narrated, or are narrated by an androgynous mutant German kid who can't figure out how to run from a battle.
"Good luck and good gaming." -Klaravoyia

BTB
6 years ago#472
Averlus posted...
I was fairly certain there were more people in that Walmart than lived in the entire town.

I feel the same way about Memorial City Mall >.>

User Info: Averlus

Averlus
6 years ago#473
It really didn't take long at all to catch up on the posts I missed. >_>

It did make me think that Sabin could probably stand to be brought back in line a bit (he really is virtually immortal).

Also wondering if maybe the baseline damage in the Atma Weapon formula might be raised from 1 to a full 8-bit value since its otherwise a rather nerfed weapon in this mod.

I have no idea what this means, but if you want to raise the power of the Omega Weapon, then it needs its passive stats similarly nerfed.
GET A SILK BAG FROM THE GRAVEYARD DUCK TO LIVE LONGER.

BTB
6 years ago#474
Averlus posted...
It did make me think that Sabin could probably stand to be brought back in line a bit (he really is virtually immortal).

Yeah, I've been thinking that. And I figure the best place to hit him is in the armor.

Another thing I'm thinking of is looking into editing the formula that attacks use to consider stamina for evasion. If that causes stamina to start falling out of favor for non-Sabin characters, it might be worth rethinking using Stamina to lower seizure damage. But that's long-term stuff.

I have no idea what this means, but if you want to raise the power of the Omega Weapon, then it needs its passive stats similarly nerfed.

It's nothing major - I was just thinking of changing the part of the special damage calculation where it adds 1 to maybe add 128 or 256. It's less to make it a less crappy weapon at full power and more to make it less totally ineffective if the wielder is missing more than a sliver of health.

Averlus
6 years ago#475
step 10c. damage = (damage / 64) + 1

That part? It may have an effect on the Atma Weapon, but I don't think the difference would be noticeable on the Omega Weapon.

BTB
6 years ago#476
Averlus posted...

That part? It may have an effect on the Atma Weapon, but I don't think the difference would be noticeable on the Omega Weapon.

That's sort of the idea. I'm not trying to get it to be more effective at full power. but I'm trying to alleviate the fact that its effectiveness nosedives exponentially as you start to lose HP (along with the fact that it's a complete piece of crap at low levels).

Basically, how crappy the Atma/Omega Weapon hits at even 3/4 HP is how a lot of people think the Valiant Edge hits at full power, which is why they shun it without even trying it.

Averlus
6 years ago#477
BTB posted...
Averlus posted...

That's sort of the idea. I'm not trying to get it to be more effective at full power. but I'm trying to alleviate the fact that its effectiveness nosedives exponentially as you start to lose HP (along with the fact that it's a complete piece of crap at low levels).

I think there's probably a more effective way of doing that than changing a modifier that's only there to make sure the end result isn't zero. I'm not really sure it's necessary either.

Basically, how crappy the Atma/Omega Weapon hits at even 3/4 HP is how a lot of people think the Valiant Edge hits at full power, which is why they shun it without even trying it.

Well yeah, but that's a separate issue.

BTB posted...
All righty, took me long enough, but I finally got a page up for the mod:

http://btb2.free.fr/mods.html

You can probably change the link to my site from ff6h to ff6p, since I actually put up a little placeholder page.

And yes, I'm actually using *proper* coding now >.>

Yeah, I'm not. <_<

BTB
6 years ago#478
Averlus posted...
I think there's probably a more effective way of doing that than changing a modifier that's only there to make sure the end result isn't zero. I'm not really sure it's necessary either.

Probably, but this seemed like a good start if nothing else (unless you wanted to rewrite the entire formula wholesale).

Averlus posted...
You can probably change the link to my site from ff6h to ff6p, since I actually put up a little placeholder page.

Okie dokie lokie

User Info: Squid7777

Squid7777
6 years ago#479
Thanks for the info on Umaro's attacks! I may have missed that before. I think making Umaro's Rage ignore defense would help with his usefulness.

I for one liked Valiant Edge a lot. A critical HP Locke was doing really good damage with it (when he wasn't being KO'd by stubbing his toe lol). The only reason I ditched it in the Colosseum was to get a Mirage Vest (I think that's what I ended up with), and because I found Excalibur in Kefka's Tower and paired it with an Avenger for good damage without the risk of low HP.
"That's the way real men do it. They fire hadokens, suplex trains, and eat Ultima for breakfast. Sabin for Emperor 2013." NovaLevossida

User Info: Dynalo

Dynalo
6 years ago#480
The Atma Weapon could certainly use a boost, but the Omega Weapon can stay as is. The +7 to all stats and the ability to do full damage from the back row are more than good enough compensation for the weapon power plummeting as you lose health. Currently the Atma Weapon just sits in your inventory until you can bet it at the colloseum.
Assassins do it from behind.
  1. Boards
  2. TuxPuck
  3. ...you attacked the shell, didn't you?
  • Topic Archived