• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. TuxPuck
  3. ...you attacked the shell, didn't you?

User Info: Averlus

Averlus
6 years ago#451
BTB posted...
Weird. I didn't know about that bug.

But yeah, thanks. Y'all done up there?

Thankfully, yes. Running an inch-thick inflexible cable 500 feet was a pain, but we're at the airport now. I'm anxious to get out of this forsaken place.
GET A SILK BAG FROM THE GRAVEYARD DUCK TO LIVE LONGER.

User Info: BTB

BTB
6 years ago#452
I wish they'd send me to Bronnoysund... the chick who answers the phone there sounds bangin' >.>

Pretty much any site in Norway, really.
"Good luck and good gaming." -Klaravoyia

BTB
6 years ago#453
http://www.twitch.tv/the_betus/b/439416862

User Info: Seca Verins

Seca Verins
6 years ago#454
BTB, I know you have an intense hatred for Umaro, but I would still love to see something done about his complete uselessness. I always wanted to use Umaro in FF6, but could never justify it because he's so terrible. Given that the overwhelming opinion seems to still be that he's useless, do you have any plans to "fix" him in some way?

BTB
6 years ago#455
I actually have no ill feelings toward him. In fact, at some point in development we actually found him quite useful. I'm not sure what happened between then and now, and I definitely wasn't expecting him to end up as crappy in this mod as he ended up being.

I'd like to see if there's a way to adjust the power of his "special" attack he gets from the Rage Belt. Beyond that, there's really not much more I can do to help him except continuing to jack up his stats.

User Info: Squid7777

Squid7777
6 years ago#456
Jack up his stats, maybe modify what little equipment he can actually equip to make his defenses better too. Or maybe just the Rage Belt. I want Umaro to be useful, a viable option, but since he is 100% uncontrollable (unlike Mog and Gau, who can still do other things besides Dance and Rage, respectively), he needs to kick major butt and be really tough to kill, methinks. Does his throw ability ignore defense?
"That's the way real men do it. They fire hadokens, suplex trains, and eat Ultima for breakfast. Sabin for Emperor 2013." NovaLevossida

BTB
6 years ago#457
Squid7777 posted...
I want Umaro to be useful, a viable option, but since he is 100% uncontrollable... he needs to kick major butt and be really tough to kill, methinks.

Like I said, he actually did that at one point in testing. I'm just not sure what happened to make him start sucking.

Squid7777 posted...
Does his throw ability ignore defense?

I don't think so, but it should.

User Info: Ecclesiastes273

Ecclesiastes273
6 years ago#458
Sorry for disappearing. Went camping with a friend's family, and forced my way into gainful employment at Fedex. Those odd landscaping jobs where I break my back will only be weekend gigs now.

Read the backlog. I forget who posted about Gogo, but I have some sparse notes on how I used him if the player or anyone else was still interested. I still have that early LLG file, and a Lv1 Relm sounds great, but I'll have to educate myself again on distributing forced exp and dropping exp through averaging. That, and not being bad.

Responses

Sketch is bringing sexy back. Haters are jokers.

Tempest getting a buff sounds nice, if only because my Cyan was a Vigor-addicted Dragon spammer and never saw it as a suitable vessel for Vae Victis no Jutsu. If it's a decent MT gimmick for the FC, that'd be quite enough for my tastes.

Coming from the champion of accidental Reraise casts, I like them. It's a fun and substantial punishment for blindly attacking. Reading about it causing trouble with scripts and/or drops is unfortunate, and I understand the desire for consistency. But I thought I should put it out there that it is pretty amusing, and was enjoyed. Relm is a ******* troll, indeed. But I'm strongly biased no matter how well she bats for the other team. And yes, enemy success rates with Brushes are basically 100%.

Sabin is indeed the People's Champion. Guy does it all. Blitz is so good, it makes any party or Gogo build better.

Strago. Sexy Senile Strago. Anyone on the fence about this guy needs to give him a shot. That character recruitment/loyalty quest Mass Effect 2 ripped off? It's actually a Strago sidequest.

Who's hating on Valiant Edge? I was sad to not see the Synchysi response. I'm not sure if the intent of the weapon was elaborated on in any detail before, or even if it's supposed to be radically different than the original weapon, but I like the theorycraft that goes into game/mod design.

I may have to register at that dedicated subforum!
Maybe it's because I don't come here very often, but I read some of your posts and have absolutely no idea whether or not you like the game.
-psicomelite

BTB
6 years ago#459
Glad to see you back, Ecclesiastes.

I gotta say thanks again for that blog post. Don't know if you've seen the mod page I put up on my site, but I'm sort of using it as advertisement for the mod :P

And ID is a pretty good community, from what I've seen of it so far. We'd be glad to have ya there.

User Info: Ecclesiastes273

Ecclesiastes273
6 years ago#460
It appears a link on my blog post is now outdated. http://btb2.free.fr/mods.html is the appropriate link now, I presume? And indeed, I checked it out because I saw it as an ad, and wanted to look for new posts. :)

It is good to be back. One of the only boards I see here that isn't bent over a table by blind apologists and irrationally dedicated haters.
Maybe it's because I don't come here very often, but I read some of your posts and have absolutely no idea whether or not you like the game.
-psicomelite
  1. Boards
  2. TuxPuck
  3. ...you attacked the shell, didn't you?
  • Topic Archived