You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. NetHack
  3. Post your worst adventures (Mk. 3)

User Info: cute_fan

cute_fan
10 months ago#11
Ouch ;.;
Is that previous version still available, so you can finish your game?
cuteness ^.^

User Info: AmyBSOD

AmyBSOD
10 months ago#12
Sadly, nope. I'll hold off on playing that variant until it becomes save-stable, since I have zero interest in investing another couple dozen hours into a game that will eat my savegame again when the developer decides to update his version number.

User Info: --JediKnifed

--JediKnifed
9 months ago#13
xnethack

For anyone interested in this variant, see this thread on reddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nethack/comments/83ctmd/announcing_xnethack_the_first_nethack_36_variant/

cute_fan
9 months ago#14
I feel the same way ;.;
cuteness ^.^

cute_fan
9 months ago#15
*visits and saves* ^.^
cuteness ^.^

User Info: AmyBSOD

AmyBSOD
8 months ago#16
Playtested the brand-new Splicehack variant and made it to the castle, but without a way to get in. And I couldn't get back across Medusa's island either, so I was kind of stuck and quaff-tested random potions in desperation. Luckily one of them was booze so I confused myself and read teleport, then spent a while in the upper dungeons and mines to get a wand of striking. Got back to the castle, blasted the drawbridge. Monsters poured out. I lured them back to the stair where they were forced to step into range of my Excalibur+longsword one by one. Killed a giant mummy, then an air elemental... then a lieutenant zaps a "wand called stop moving". Do you want your possessions identified?

Yeah, sometimes the RNG just doesn't want you to win, by giving you none of the absolutely essential properties. And then you have to either farm eternally hoping to get the gear you need, or (and this is what I did) try to storm the castle while not properly equipped and pray that you can get to the wand before something kills you. Didn't work this time.

cute_fan
8 months ago#17
Ouch ;.;
cuteness ^.^

User Info: The-AwfulTruths

The-AwfulTruths
8 months ago#18
Don't let this thread expire.

cute_fan
7 months ago#19