You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. NetHack
  3. Post your worst adventures (Mk. 3)

User Info: lalalei2001

lalalei2001
1 year ago#1
The old topic's died, so here's a new one! Got any bad, embarrassing, or just painful NetHack stories?
=^_^=

User Info: AmyBSOD

AmyBSOD
1 year ago#2
Once I saw a monster on the first dungeon level wield a powerful artifact weapon that would have been very useful to my character. So I closed in on the monster to kill it for the weapon.

He swung once and hit me for more cold damage than I had HP.

User Info: cute_fan

cute_fan
11 months ago#3
Eek ^.^;;
Usually nice to find such a powerful artifact, but not that early ;.;
cuteness ^.^

cute_fan
11 months ago#4
*blushes* *^.^*;
cuteness ^.^

AmyBSOD
11 months ago#5
Yesterday my SLASH'EM Extended character made it to the sanctum. There was an ultra demon who read scrolls of demonology, summoning two dozen more demons, and one of those was a master nalfeshnee who summoned yet more stuff, and one of them was a mister vain that undressed me and then I got gangbanged and died.

Shame, I was so confident I'd ascend... :(

cute_fan
11 months ago#6
one of them was a mister vain

I know what I want, and I want it now? ^.~
cuteness ^.^

User Info: lalalei2001

lalalei2001
11 months ago#7
Was about 30 steps into my latest run (Be careful! New moon tonight!) when a rock fell from a ceiling trap door onto my head and killed me.
=^_^=

AmyBSOD
11 months ago#8
cute_fan posted...
I know what I want, and I want it now? ^.~

Ooh, and I thought no one would get that joke :) Nice!

cute_fan
10 months ago#9
AmyBSOD wrote:
Ooh, and I thought no one would get that joke :) Nice!

*blushes and giggles* Thank you *^.~*;;
cuteness ^.^

AmyBSOD
10 months ago#10
Got all the way to Medusa on my very first xnethack game (it's a brand-new NetHack variant) and today I came back to the game and it didn't load. The developer updated the game and broke saves in the progress, and now the game is lost. I would certainly have ascended that one :P
  1. Boards
  2. NetHack
  3. Post your worst adventures (Mk. 3)