• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. NetHack
  3. Help with saved games?

User Info: chronotrig100

chronotrig100
3 years ago#1
I figured with the new update out for the first time in years, it has never been a better time to try and play the legendary Nethack. I "think" I'm starting to get the basics down, but I have a few questions.

1. Is there any way to tell if a melee weapon is better than another. For example, I started with a +0 scalpel, and switched to a dagger (because the only decent weapon proficiency I had was in knives). I know the +X modifier is a good thing, but for example what's better between a dagger and a scalpel? Is there a menu I can bring up to show my attack stat with each kind of weapon equipped?

2. This is kind of a bigger problem for me. I can't figure out how to load my saves. I thought that it would automatically load my save when booting the game back up, but it brings me right back to the "who are you" new game stuff. I think my save game exists because I see the file for it in the directory, I just can't figure out how to load it :(
The fastest pinball in space.

User Info: AmyBSOD

AmyBSOD
3 years ago#2
At the "who are you" prompt, input the name of your character and it should load. :) Also, here's a table that lists the weapons, but it (as well as all the other stuff on the wiki) is spoiler information: https://nethackwiki.com/wiki/Weapon
  1. Boards
  2. NetHack
  3. Help with saved games?
  • Topic Archived