• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. NetHack
  3. Do you remember the first time you died?

User Info: funkadelius

funkadelius
5 years ago#1
This game has whooped my ass in many ways, but the first time I died still haunts me. I rolled a samurai and started hacking my way to the amulet. I was vaguely aware that I needed to keep my character fed, so I made it a point to eat everything I could (or feed it to my dog). On the second level of the dungeon I found a nice gunyoki on the floor, gobbled it up, and promptly choked to death on it.

I still nervously check my hunger level every time I eat, even if its been a while, because of my first death.
Glorious! Don't be afraid to lead the world with thy sword! Spread your fire! -Angra

User Info: ahaeckerlin

ahaeckerlin
5 years ago#2
My first death wasn't as epic. At that time, I believed the goblins will always kill you after 1-2 levels, and I refused to accept that.
Tjr at the NetHack wiki: http://nethackwiki.com

User Info: cute_fan

cute_fan
5 years ago#3
It was so long ago (and has happened so many times since then), I can't remember, sorry ;.;
cuteness ^.^
  1. Boards
  2. NetHack
  3. Do you remember the first time you died?
  • Topic Archived