You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. NetHack
  3. Nethack Progress Topic mk2

User Info: cute_fan

cute_fan
2 months ago#381
*visits and saves* ^.^
cuteness ^.^

User Info: AmyBSOD

AmyBSOD
1 month ago#382
Uhh I guess I should continue my SLASH'EM Extended post-quest undead slayer, who is currently in Gehennom... that one may well be ascendable but he's on an age-old version and I'd much rather play the newer versions!
Who else here still plays NetHack 3.4.3 because you don't like all these stupid changes in version 3.6.x.

User Info: AmyBSOD

AmyBSOD
1 month ago#384
--Jedi-Knifed-- posted...
Who else here still plays NetHack 3.4.3 because you don't like all these stupid changes in version 3.6.x.

Here, me :D 3.6 is a variant in my book, it has deviated so much from vanilla NetHack's design that I can't view it as vanilla anymore. "b****orcaiuz of Screworctownis" LOL. First of all, Orctown is variant and not vanilla, but then they even special-cased everything including making the contents of later mines levels depend on whether you had Orctown or not, and those weird-ass names for orcs really are the coronation/culmination. Stuff like that is what I'd expect to find in wholesale-changes-style variants (e.g. dnethack), not vanilla.

edit: also rofl there are word censors here...
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: --JediKnifed--

--JediKnifed--
3 weeks ago#385
Don't let this thread expire.
  1. Boards
  2. NetHack
  3. Nethack Progress Topic mk2