7 years ago #11
    I almost cleared Mines a couple times, though with my TrBe/Mo. I continue to try casters, but maybe I just dont understand how they work. Or maybe I need to unlearn Nethack habits. Either way I'm planning to try a hybrid soon, so thanks for the suggestions.

Tried the red sonja sprint, I can get XL10 quite easily, but the centaur warriors give me problems, and sonja herself puts me in fits! >_< The ogre and Sig generally dictate how well I do. If the ogre has a spiked club as oposed to a regular I'm usually toast, and if Sig decides to go invis it usually leads to trouble. Other than that they fall easily.

On the topic of religion, I am a little confused. In NH I understood how it worked because it was simple: Sacrifice appropriate corpses at an aligned altar to pray sooner, and under certain conditions you get goodies. Other than that prayer is simply "dear god, im about to die. send help plz. your fav mook, melthor." SS makes religion seem more like part of the game for many reasons like making anyone be able to worship whatever god(dess) you choose, because they are individualized and do/like/dislike different things. I have a few questions though:

Do all dieties acknowledge general "rescue me" prayers?
    Do any of them require sacking at the altar?
    I never got god-gifts inNH, and I have only seen Nemelex hand out cards (a whole other topic for discussion). do all gods grant gifts, and, if so, do they require differnt methods of making this happen, and what determines what you get?
    Xom is a bastard, why would anyone choose to follow that psychopath?
    veritas primus et ultimas propheta
    If you want to know, just ask. My listed email is dead

Previous Versions
    7 years ago
    I almost cleared Mines a couple times, though with my TrBe/Mo. I continue to try casters, but maybe I just dont understand how they work. Or maybe I need to unlearn Nethack habits. Either way I'm planning to try a hybrid soon, so thanks for the suggestions.

Tried the red sonja sprint, I can get XL10 quite easily, but the centaur warriors give me problems, and sonja herself puts me in fits! >_< The ogre and Sig generally dictate how well I do. If the ogre has a spiked club as oposed to a regular I'm usually toast, and if Seg decides to go invis it usually leads to trouble. Other than that they fall easily.
    ---
    veritas primus et ultimas propheta
    If you want to know, just ask. My listed email is dead