You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. NetHack
  3. Neat things that aren't in nethack but you'd like them to be

User Info: Lokarin

Lokarin
8 years ago#41
flavour wishes...

Like, if you were to wish for World Peace or something.
"Salt cures Everything!" - Indy Board Petition
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/7-site-suggestions/54886241

User Info: kawaiifan

kawaiifan
8 years ago#42
I would wish for that too ^.^
Thank you Lokarin!
kawaiifan misses her gfaqs9 ;.;

kawaiifan
8 years ago#43
Maybe someday.... *dreams* ~.~

User Info: LancetJades

LancetJades
8 years ago#44
World Peace would be an interesting wish.

Maybe it could make every monster in the game peaceful to you (including ones not yet generated, unique monsters, etc). Except with a condition that makes it so the peace only lasts if YOU are also peaceful. As soon as you attack an enemy, it cancels the world peace and things go back to normal. Only one world peace able to be declared per game.

Of course, good luck getting the items needed to finish the game without breaking the peace. And claiming the Amulet of Yendor means all bets are off, too.
Eclipsing power is, at times, not only the instrument of demons, but also of gods.
Lost, but not forgotten.

LancetJades
8 years ago#45
Some other wishes they could implement:

"I wish I was dead" - Suicide wish. Does exactly what it says. Death message: "[player] got exactly what s/he wished for."

"I wish everyone else was dead" - Kills everything (with some exceptions) on the current floor. Works similar to the wizard mode * genocide option, but maybe run a death check on each creature (maybe like zapping a wand of death at each one), killing those that fail what safety they may have. It would also cause appropriate consequences for killing a shopkeeper, priest, etc. If any negative consequences occur, gives the message "Be careful what you wish for..."

"A million dollars" - Gives a blessed credit card. Message: "Granted! But store credit only."

"Immortality" - Creates a statue of the player (like statues of other unique characters). Follows normal statue mechanics, though (is a doppelganger of stone to flesh'd). Maybe give it a nasty 1/100 chance of turning the player to stone themselves.

"Ruler (or whatever title for power) of the World" - Gives the player a superfluous title "Ruler of the World," viewable on enlightenment or post-game. No other effect.

"Most Popular" - Spawns 5-8 pre-cancelled Foocubi.
Eclipsing power is, at times, not only the instrument of demons, but also of gods.
Lost, but not forgotten.

kawaiifan
8 years ago#46
Nice ones ^.^ Thank you LancetJades!

User Info: Runite

Runite
8 years ago#47
"Demigodhood" - Your god strikes you down for trying to cheat him out of his amulet. Gives the effect of a failed prayer, so it'd be pretty harmless if you were in good standing with your god and potentially lethal if you weren't.

LancetJades
8 years ago#48
They could also add an extra message when (attempting to) wish for the Amulet of Yendor:

"Yeah, and money grows on trees!"

It'd be funny if it gave all trees in the game 1-9 gold that was knocked loose when kicking them. If trees were more common, of course.

In fact, there's a ton of smartass messages they could give you when trying to wish for that.

Additionally, one that would make a funny reference:

Wishing "I wish I wish I didn't kill that fish." Creates a piranha corpse under the player. Using the #sit command immediately following the wish teleports the player to a random dungeon floor out of all the floors (and branches) explored (thus its a level and possibly branch port). Teleport control does not affect this, and will not allow choosing a destination.

If only there was a donut comestible, 10-30 could randomly be scattered around the player after the teleport, all named Rain. And two human corpses named Patty and Selma.
Lost, but not forgotten.

User Info: Runite

Runite
8 years ago#49
While that seems a bit extravagant to me, "I wish I wish I didn't kill that fish" could make an awesome random gravestone message.

LancetJades
8 years ago#50
Yeah, it's extravagant, but that's half the fun of dreaming.

I like the gravestone idea, though.
Lost, but not forgotten.
  1. Boards
  2. NetHack
  3. Neat things that aren't in nethack but you'd like them to be