You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. NetHack
  3. Neat things that aren't in nethack but you'd like them to be

User Info: Tiztu

Tiztu
9 months ago#341
.pmuB

User Info: cute_fan

cute_fan
9 months ago#342
*waves hello* ^.^/
cuteness ^.^

User Info: algore_lies

algore_lies
8 months ago#343
I want 3.4.3 style Elbereth, Wizard Of Yendor, and Magic Cancellation back.

These changes are terrible.

https://nethackwiki.com/wiki/NetHack_3.6.1

Several further changes to Elbereth:

-It will immediately vanish when the player makes a hostile action, such as attacking, firing, or zapping a wand, additionally causing a -5 alignment penalty.

The Wizard of Yendor will steal any quest artifact, not just your role's. This means that relying on another role's quest artifact for magic resistance is no longer a safe strategy.

User Info: TheAwfulsTruth

TheAwfulsTruth
8 months ago#344
Let's keep this thread alive.

User Info: MalcolmMasher

MalcolmMasher
8 months ago#345
Finding secret doors at 0 Luck should be easier, at least for new characters. According to the wiki, the game already gives a +1 bonus to hit for characters below level 3. So, maybe apply the same bonus to searching? It's pretty marginal, but being trapped at the start of the game until search/kick come through is frustrating, and this'd do a little bit to alleviate that.
I don't like this duchy. Now, it's an adventurer.

cute_fan
8 months ago#346
*searches* ... I agree ^.^;
cuteness ^.^

cute_fan
7 months ago#347
*continues trying to search* ^.^;
cuteness ^.^

User Info: AmyBSOD

AmyBSOD
7 months ago#348
While it is possible to find doors and corridors after searching about 20 times with 0 luck, it becomes almost completely impossible with negative luck, and kicking the wall where you suspect the door to be seems to also fail more often than it works...

User Info: TTheAwfulTruth

TTheAwfulTruth
7 months ago#349
Let's keep this thread alive.

cute_fan
6 months ago#350
Thank you ^.^
cuteness ^.^
  1. Boards
  2. NetHack
  3. Neat things that aren't in nethack but you'd like them to be