You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. NetHack
  3. Neat things that aren't in nethack but you'd like them to be

User Info: lderivedx

lderivedx
9 years ago#21

Shouldn't candy bars poison dogs?

Not necessarily. Even assuming the bars are chocolate (maybe they are, I don't know), dog's don't really have problems with poisoning unless they eat a LOT or they get dark chocolate. It's the baking kind you need to worry about.
JUSTICE CAUSED MY HIGH ARCHITECT TO MOVE: DIVINE OMNIPOTENCE CREATED ME, THE HIGHEST WISDOM, AND THE PRIMAL LOVE.

User Info: lderivedx

lderivedx
9 years ago#22
Erm, *dogs

I need to sleep.
While we're at it, let's compare the relative merits of 2 other entirely different things.... how about apples and jet engines? - hakik ev

User Info: kawaiifan

kawaiifan
9 years ago#23
an Identification store

Slash'em has this -- try paying in a shop where you don't owe anything, and you can access 'shopkeeper services' which include identification.

My buddy Rowan just had a good idea-- a shopping cart. Or just a cart with a hitch. A chest on wheels. Imagine the possibilities!

Looks fun ^.^

dogs don't really have problems with poisoning unless they eat a LOT or they get dark chocolate.

Although many things in Nethack are pure fantasy, and some are realistic, others are in between, being exaggerated versions of what would really happen.
For example, easily tunneling through rock with a pickaxe, or passing out from drinking one little potion of booze, or a fridge keeping meat fresh forever.
Dogs having trouble with candy bars, could join this list ^.~
kawaiifan misses her gfaqs9 ;.;

User Info: Primus_Ultimas

Primus_Ultimas
9 years ago#24
Anyone ever play an old rougelike called Alphaman? There were a lot of different technology items that you had to identify before you could use them, and some were totally useless. Seriously though, who would ever use a Kevorkian Machine? Stuff like that is used with a randomly generated mutation that allowed you to dismantle stuff and try to build things you have seen before. A system like that would make NH a lot more interesting than it already is.

User Info: Lokarin

Lokarin
9 years ago#25
Some changes to pits:

Two adjacent pits can be dug between to make a tunnel
Player can add metal spikes to pits
Player can poison said metal spikes
This message has been brought to you by Salt!
"Salt cures Everything!"

User Info: BokaliMali

BokaliMali
9 years ago#26
New spell: Timewarp. Brings you back to where you were a certain number of turns ago depending on your skill in the (matter?) magic school. Can't be used to go back up stairs (thus removing the ability to exploit level RNG)
It's astounding, time is fleeting...

kawaiifan
8 years ago#27
Nice ideas ^.^ Thank you!

kawaiifan
8 years ago#28
*smiles happily* ^.^