• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. NetHack
  3. Post your worst adventures (Mk. 2)

User Info: kawaiifan

kawaiifan
9 years ago#31
Welcome back majesticmystic ^.^/

I like bones files (except when they cause problems like that, of course).
However, it would be nice if there were a configuration-file option which, if set, would prevent Nethack from loading or leaving any bones files.
kawaiifan misses her gfaqs9 ;.;

User Info: Runite

Runite
9 years ago#32
When I want a no-Bones run, I just move all the bones files into a different folder.

kawaiifan
9 years ago#33
Nice tip Runite ^.^ Thank you!

User Info: Staloras

Staloras
9 years ago#34
Let me just copy my last post (or part of it) from the Let's Fail thread:
I was Exp level 6 at the time of this (Valkyrie, no Excalibur yet). This starts at Dlvl4 of the gnomish mines.

I found the stairs. I'll give full maps of the mines on the way UP when I fully explore them.
Just diving quickly for now because I HATE GNOMES with the ridiculous number of them this place spawns.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dlvl5
You hit the gnome lord! The master mind flayer hits!
The master mind flayer's tentacles suck you! Your brain is eaten! -- more -- You feel stupid! The master mind flayer's tentacles suck you! Your brain is eaten! You feel very stupid! -- more -- The master mind flayer's tentacles suck you! Your brain is eaten! -- more -- You feel stupid! The master mind flayer's tentacles suck you! -- more -- Your brain is eaten! You feel very stupid! -- more -- The master mind flayer's tentacles suck you! Your brain is eaten! -- more -- Your last thought fades away. -- more -- DYWYPI? [ynq]

Runite
9 years ago#35
Why, why, WHY was there a MMF that early?

kawaiifan
9 years ago#36
*cries* ;.;
It was probably either a chameleon, or due to a bones file.

User Info: anticlimatic21

anticlimatic21
9 years ago#37
Playing as a Wizard, found a small but awesome bones file on DL4, which happened to have a bookstore in it with tons of spellbooks and scrolls. The character's inventory was small, but it included some +2 silver dragon scale mail, Magicbane, speed boots, and a helm of brilliance. Spent about an hour on that level alone, exercising clerical and divination spell abilities so I could cast identify, magic mapping, and remove curse with greater ease. Finally got myself all geared up and hit the mines on the next level.

Three steps away from the stairs I insta-die on a poison spike pit. WHY??????

"Thrown into a dungeon. Bread and water was my portion.
And faith, my only weapon...to rest the Devil's Legion."

kawaiifan
9 years ago#38
Ouch *cries* ;.;

kawaiifan
9 years ago#39
*offers some green dragon scale mail* ;.;

Runite
9 years ago#40
DAMN IT!!

Absolutely INVINCIBLE Wizard. Intrinsic Teleportitis, extrinsic Teleport Control (Master Key of Thievery). Finger of Death, Identify, Magic Mapping, all at 100%. -41 AC. Minus forty-one AC. +6 Magicbane, all resistances, reflection, BoH, max luck, maxed-out attributes, maxed-out spellcasting skill, and so on. You name it, I had it - exception, "oLS.

I was at Vlad's. I could -see- the "oLS. It was sitting RIGHT THERE.

Then I fat-fingered a key, hit Esc to cancel out of whatever idiocy I'd gotten myself into.

"The magical energy is released! You die...

Do you want your possessions identified?

[snip]

R.I.P. Sydney, the Female Elven Wizard.
Shot herself with a death ray.
  1. Boards
  2. NetHack
  3. Post your worst adventures (Mk. 2)
  • Topic Archived