• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. NetHack
  3. Who here has never ascended?

User Info: MasterGakke

MasterGakke
14 years ago#1
I'll admit I haven't. I've been playing off and on since I was 8. Every time I get lucky enough to build up a character capable of ascension, I get YASD'd. Like being drowned by a freaking eel or being stranded on the island on the Medusa level by being a different alignment than the Barbarian quest artifact. I just want to see if I am alone at playing and enjoying Nethack without ascending.
Mind The Gap

User Info: dolphinbomb

dolphinbomb
14 years ago#2
Damn.. I got drowned by an eel too with my current best character.. I know how it feels.
I have 23 gmail invites, and they're ALL MINE!

User Info: Kthulu

Kthulu
14 years ago#3
Been playing on and off for about 12 years and have never ascended. :(
He's haunted by the memory of a lost paradise, In his youth or a dream, he can't be precise, He's chained forever to a world that's departed

User Info: Pervan

Pervan
14 years ago#4
I haven't played for all that long, on and off for maybe a year or two, but I haven't even come close to winning.
"I'm not worth very much experience, hee ho!" -Jack Frost, Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne

User Info: Pervan

Pervan
14 years ago#5
Oh, and as for best characters, mine have died through choking, a death ray, and reading an Earth Scroll in the wrong spot.
"I'm not worth very much experience, hee ho!" -Jack Frost, Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne

User Info: UngodlyOne

UngodlyOne
14 years ago#6
I've been playing for a couple of years and the furthest I have got was to the Castle, but I didn't storm it. I have several save games where I have advanced pretty far, but I find the mid-game a little boring, as it always takes forever to get to level 14 to do the Quest and finding all the right items to survive can take forever.

I enjoy starting new characters more, as there are far more challenges.
An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind. - Mohandas Gandhi

User Info: Chaytel

Chaytel
14 years ago#7
I too, have never ascended. Killed by a Minotaur a bit after the castle on my best character yet.
---
TRIUMPH Server
Green Fox: Level 50 Rad/Rad Defender
Silver Soldier: Level 22 AR/Dev Blaster
Blue Saturn: Level 22 Peacebringer

User Info: AsterAzul

AsterAzul
14 years ago#8
I've ascended a couple of characters by now, and I've learned the secrets to it. I can share if you'd like ^_~

Working on the healer now.

User Info: dolphinbomb

dolphinbomb
14 years ago#9
Share. Please.
I have 23 gmail invites, and they're ALL MINE!

User Info: MasterGakke

MasterGakke
14 years ago#10
Get plently of candles, some scrolls of uncurse, the ability to water walk/float, and most importantly don't walk beside the moat.
Mind The Gap
  1. Boards
  2. NetHack
  3. Who here has never ascended?
  • Topic Archived