• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. NetHack
  3. Anyone Know any interesting Tricks.

User Info: UngodlyOne

UngodlyOne
14 years ago#41
-Can't uncurse your lodestone that's overtaxing you? Polymorph it.

This doesn't actually work, but nice try anyway!
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
You fritter and waste the hours in an off hand way - Pink Floyd, Time

User Info: Pervan

Pervan
14 years ago#42
Ah. I'm not sure whether silver arrows actually do INSTANTLY kill. I may have just done enough damage with them every time that the were-creatures died.
Reality is relative. I can't prove mine is any more real than yours, and you can't prove yours to be more real than mine.

User Info: Chaytel

Chaytel
14 years ago#43
Yes, you can polymorph your lodestone. How did you attempt it?
PROUD to be a Furry
Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die. The Princess Bride

User Info: Stormlock

Stormlock
14 years ago#44
Why polymorph into a tiger when you can polymorph into a Marilith or Silver Dragon (Or for Slash'em: Diamond Golem. 270 Hp, with inherent reflection, magic resist, no breathing and shoots magic missiles)

And I've never tried this, but it should work:

Donate all the money you have to a priest to get protection and whatnot, then let your pet murder him and take your gold back. Then revive the corpse with a /oUndead Turning, and do it all over again.
"Any of you who think I'm an arrogant bastard, you are right.
But I'm still better than you." ~Me

User Info: GhostOfRazors

GhostOfRazors
14 years ago#45
tag
"In general the art of government consists in taking as much money as possible from one class of citizens to give to the other." [Voltaire]

User Info: Beer_Hunter

Beer_Hunter
14 years ago#46
There seems to be a bit of incorrect/incomplete information since my previous post. Perhaps there are some things different in Slash'EM, but here are the facts for regular NetHack:

#1: You can get an AC bonus by donating to a peaceful priest of any alignment — even a priest of Moloch. Details here:
http://steelypips.org/nethack/341/prst-341.html
#2: Naming a weapon of the correct type as an artifact only works for Sting and Orcrist. You can always create these two by naming the right weapon, so long as the artifact doesn't exist yet.
#3: If your god crowns you, you will only get Vorpal Blade if you're neutral. If you're chaotic, you'll get Stormbringer; and if you're lawful, you'll get Excalibur if you're wielding a long sword. It's actually a little more complicated:
http://www.steelypips.org/nethack/341/crwn-341.html
#4: Lizard corpses do not cure poisoning, but they do cure stoning. Potions of acid and acidic corpses also cure stoning.
#5: Carrying a lizard corpse only affects the chances of getting stoned during a full moon. (Yes, the game actually calculates the phase of the moon and adjusts accordingly.)
#6: On sacrificing unicorns: it is a bad idea to sacrifice a unicorn either of your own alignment or of the altar's alignment.
#7: Praying for unholy water will anger your god, eliminating any divine AC bonuses. Make sure you have the ability to please your god afterwards (by sacrificing strong monsters to your god). (Note that pleasing your god won't restore your AC bonus.)
#8: Silver arrows don't instantly kill were-creatures, but they do a lot more damage.
#9: Throwing gems at unicorns won't always increase your luck. See here and search for "throwing gems":
http://www.steelypips.org/nethack/341/gems-341.html
#10: It's spelt 'loadstone', damnit! It's one of the game's puns.
#11: Yes, you can polymorph a loadstone with a potion of polymorph.

Another useful trick for all of you: look for rings of Increase Damage. You can empower them with blessed scrolls of charging (though they have a chance of exploding when you do so). In my previous game, I wore two +6 rings of increase damage, and I had a large supply of +7 daggers. Furthermore, I was able to throw three daggers in one turn, and frequently had multiple turns to the enemies' one...

Finally, you can use a stethoscope on a monster to see how many hit points it has.

User Info: Megarpggal2002

Megarpggal2002
14 years ago#47
-Lizard and Lichen corpses never go bad, although they do become too old to sacrifice
-You can use a stethoscope once a turn without using up your turn, regardless of how fast you are. Using it more than once a turn takes up the turn.
Imagination is more important than knowledge.
http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=7&topic=17340259

User Info: RuNe9000

RuNe9000
14 years ago#48
What does using a stethescope do for you? I've never used one before just wondering.
lI can still succeed in life, too. I mean I already have a job at K-mart.-jesperishere People shot 3

User Info: MasterGakke

MasterGakke
14 years ago#49
It tells you status effects and such. You can use it on pets. I think maybe it gives HP, too? I haven't used one in a while.
"Explosions aren't exactly known for their life-saving properties." BM

User Info: OrpheanBeholder

OrpheanBeholder
14 years ago#50
Yes, it shows the HP, and that is the main use of it... only use perhaps :) (maybe the alignment message is useful though?)
If a fire fighter fights fires, and a crime fighter fights crime, what is a "freedom fighter"?
  1. Boards
  2. NetHack
  3. Anyone Know any interesting Tricks.
  • Topic Archived