• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. NetHack
  3. Anyone Know any interesting Tricks.

User Info: Semblance

Semblance
14 years ago#31
I stand corrected, then.

I still contend that Teleportitis is very annoying, though.
All hail Semblance. Semblance is life.

User Info: CmotDribbler

CmotDribbler
14 years ago#32
Eating Tengus is the best way of gettting TP control,

Eating Giant corpses, increases your strength.

finding Wands of polymorph and polymorphing your pet is fun! being a wizard and starting with it, even more fun!

If you ever find a wand of wishing, wish for a scroll of recharge ;)

You can also get Vorpal sword by becoming an avatar of your God.

DO NOT eat a cockatrice corpse! *looks away*

Lizard corpses never go bad, and can cure poison.

If you find gold in a wall, kick the wall.

if you get a cream pie in the face from a Keystone Kop, you can use a towel to wipe it off.

being disentrgation and lighting resistant then pissing off your God is fun :p

User Info: Stormlock

Stormlock
14 years ago#33
You can remove cream pie from your face with your hands, just use #wipe.

Lizard corpses cancel the petrification process, and carrying one makes you more petrify resistant to cockatrices.

If a monster swallows you, zap a wand of digging to get out and leave it at 1Hp.

When wishing for scrolls or potions, always wish for two or three, and blessed. Worst case scenario you get 1 anyways.

You can make unholy water by praying at another god's altar.

Be careful when sacrificing unicorns. Saccing a unicorn on an altar aligned to it will piss off that alignment's god. A LOT.

Quest artifacts can make the best wishes, if you haven't found more than 1 artifact in the game already (Chance of getting the artifact is 2/1+number artifacts you already found, if it fails you get nothing). You can't wish for your own quest artifact, or one of another alignment (well you can do the second, but it'll never be useful) but for example, a neutral non monk can get the Eyes of the Overworld, and wear them (It'll blast you when you pick them up/put them on, so have at least 50 Hp and be safe) for astral vision and magic restance, without using an armor slot. Astral vision is insanely useful, because monsters on the other side of a wall count as being in your line of sight for stuff like casting a stinking cloud scroll. You can kill a shop keeper with a blessed ? of stinking cloud without him ever seeing you!

You can put a saddle on some flying monsters and they make AWESOME pets. Dragons and Coatl's are good, and Coatls don't need to eat. A Ki-Rin never eats, can heal itself, haste itself, make itself invisible, flies, casts spells on enemies, and comes with it's own unicorn horn for curing itself. A Ki-Rin is the best animal to ride in the game, I've wished for a blessed figurine of one more than once as a class that can ride if I have a saddle.

You can throw tripe at a dog/cat (only domestic ones, kitten/housecat/largecat and the dog equivelents, no lynxes or anything) to make it your pet. You can do the same for horses with fruits. They aren't insanely powerful pets, but a kitten or pony can often kill a weak character early on, and taming them will save your ass.
"Any of you who think I'm an arrogant bastard, you are right.
But I'm still better than you." ~Me

User Info: Pervan

Pervan
14 years ago#34
"a"pplying a looking glass in the direction of a cockatrice or related creature will give you the message "The cockatrice is afraid of its reflection." This essentially paralyzes it. After you do that, they won't fight back.
Reality is relative. I can't prove mine is any more real than yours, and you can't prove yours to be more real than mine.

User Info: Pervan

Pervan
14 years ago#35
Also, silver arrows instantly kill were-creatures.
Reality is relative. I can't prove mine is any more real than yours, and you can't prove yours to be more real than mine.

Stormlock
14 years ago#36
Automatically? That's cool if it's true. I knew they did the 1-20 dmg bonus versus them and other silver hating stuff. I wonder if silver bullets do the same thing...

More tips: Acid Blob corpses never get too old to sacrifice. They'll be accepted right up until they rot away, instead of the usual 50 or so turn limit.

Quaffing Holy Water cures sickness.

User Info: Soopermoo

Soopermoo
14 years ago#37
throwing gems at unicorns makes the unicorn go awy ad it increases your luck

User Info: Spray

Spray
14 years ago#38
Drinking holy water heals Lawfuls and hurts Chaotics. Unholy water hurts Lawfuls and heals Chaotics.

Stormlock
14 years ago#39
Praying on the wrong altar with water on it makes the water unholy (good for making cursed scrolls of destroy armor, teleport and genocide)

You can get one more zap when a wand has 0 charges, then it crumbles to dust. It's only a 1/120 chance or so though. Perfect for wands of wishing.

If you are attached to an iron ball and chain, you can pick up the ball and throw it somewhere for an interesting effect...

User Info: Chaytel

Chaytel
14 years ago#40
-If you ever get punished and free yourself, don't just leave the iron ball there. If you can carry it, it's a positively brutal weapon.

-Polymorphing Rocks makes Gemstones sometimes.

-Can't uncurse your lodestone that's overtaxing you? Polymorph it.

-Polymoph those dozen spare pickaxes you got in the mines! You can get a nice tinning kit, orsome other fun tools out of it.

-If you get a wand of death, one of the best victims earlygame is SHOPKEEPERS. once they die, thier money, personal belongings and shop items become yours, free!

-Polymorph control is great. You can set traps with webbing as a Spider, then wait for your prey to blunder in and pounce as a tiger.
PROUD to be a Furry
Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die. The Princess Bride
  1. Boards
  2. NetHack
  3. Anyone Know any interesting Tricks.
  • Topic Archived