• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. NetHack
  3. Anyone Know any interesting Tricks.

User Info: RuNe9000

RuNe9000
14 years ago#1
Like any neat things you can do, like eating a floating eye to get esp or stuff like that.
"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown"-Hp Lovecraft

User Info: _Vincent

_Vincent
14 years ago#2
uhm.. kick a toilet so it breaks into an fountain?
War, War never Changes

User Info: CrusaderEsper

CrusaderEsper
14 years ago#3
If you have teleportitis... you can eat a tengu and you might get teleport control. If you're lawful and level... seven... I think... you can #dip a longsword in a fountain and you've got a good chance the fountain will bless your sword and change it into Excalibur.
Esper
5/4/04 - The invasion of the Spotheads

User Info: UngodlyOne

UngodlyOne
14 years ago#4
You can #dip for Excalibur at level 5 when you are Lawful.

However it's better to level up to about 7 anyway, as you can defend better against other things the fountain may produce.
When she finally got him alone she said they screwed like 2 monkeys ravenously fighting over the last banana on the tree. - bishielover

RuNe9000
14 years ago#5
Thanks I didn't know some of that stuff I was just wondering.
"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown"-Hp Lovecraft

User Info: kinglink

kinglink
14 years ago#6
toss a coin <.

Engrave Elbereth.

Kick grey stones to check. Thumps are usually lode stones.

Engrave to check harder Gems (usually worth a lot more)

Towel can be put on for a blindfold

Engraving wands can identify like 3/4s of them.

Bag of holding and wand of cancelation DONT mix.

All keys are Skeleton keys,

Whistles that make unusual noise are magical (teleport pets instantly to you) all others are near useless except to make noise.

Oil weapons to make them rust proof. Oil Armor fo the same?

Dip weapons into sickness to make poisoned weapons.

Unicorn horns are valuable. (saves vs almost any status alignment and decent attack)

Dipping Unicorn horns can clear "bad" potions.

Smoky Potions arn't always the type of potion you think it is.

That's it for now. Enjoy.

User Info: UngodlyOne

UngodlyOne
14 years ago#7
Oil weapons to make them rust proof. Oil Armor fo the same?

Not true. Oil removes rust from rusty weapons and armour, but does not rustproof them. However, grease works as a cover which stops them rusting once and then needs to be re-applied.

Dip weapons into sickness to make poisoned weapons.

Only for arrows and darts, though.
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
You fritter and waste the hours in an off-hand way - Pink Floyd, Time

User Info: kinglink

kinglink
14 years ago#8
Hmm Mixed up Grease and oil. My bad.

Are you sure? I thought I had a poisoned sword one time but don't remember too well. probably you're right.

User Info: urian

urian
14 years ago#9
Drop items on an altar to see if it's blessed/normal/cursed
Either name or engrave Sting on a (short)sword to make it magical (I've forgotten the details for this one :( )
Wield a worm's tooth and read Enchant weapons scrolls to change it into a Crys Knife and then into a Fixed Crys Knife.
Wish for Vorpal Blade... It's got a chance to instantly kill ANY enemy in the game IIRC (at least some of the big bad guys near the end have been decapitated with one stroke by my trusty blade :p )
Polymorph into something that can lay eggs to gain your own mini army of children/monsters
»Those who do not remember the pasta are doomed to reheat it«

RuNe9000
14 years ago#10
Man i wish i had known half these things thanks guys.
  1. Boards
  2. NetHack
  3. Anyone Know any interesting Tricks.
  • Topic Archived