Help with Kana

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: super_korean

super_korean
10 years ago#1
Hi, I have a problem trying to get this game to work, the game starts up fine, but the scenes and messages literally fly past me (literally not even 1 second per screen), I have no chance to read anything and the only time the game stops is when I have to make a choice. I have checked all settings to slow and this does not seem to do anything.. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Cheese Pwns You!

User Info: Darkling183

Darkling183
10 years ago#2
It sounds like the 'skip previously read messages' setting has been ticked. That's why the game is advancing through the text automatically.

I don't remember which menu that setting is in, but it's in there somewhere. I hope this helps solve your problem.

super_korean
10 years ago#3
Thanks, but I've been through all the settings and I have my message speed as Slow and Skip Foward/Rewind isn't ticked and I've tried Skip>Manual and Skip>Auto(slow) but none of it seems to help in anyway... I don't see how what you said applies as I've never played this game and it was my first time running it o_o thanks a bunch though, I hope someone knows what to do as I really want to try this game.
Cheese Pwns You!

User Info: Darkling183

Darkling183
10 years ago#4
Well, I was just taking a stab in the dark. I know it was the first time you were playing the game, but games have done stranger things in the past.

Anyway, sorry I couldn't be any help. I haven't heard of anyone else having this problem before, unfortunately.

User Info: seiryuux

seiryuux
10 years ago#5
Sounds like a problem I had with Critical Point, except that it would constant rewind the text for some reason. I fixed that by uninstalling and reinstalling the game. You should try that with Kana.
AKA bluedragonx - "You either END GAME or don't play the game at all!!"

super_korean
10 years ago#6
Yeah, I've tried that, but with no success =< I guess I can't play this on my laptop?
Cheese Pwns You!

User Info: Biggs_Yamato

Biggs_Yamato
10 years ago#7
I had this problem a few times. I just returned to the title screen, alt + tabbed out of it, and switched back to it, and it worked.

Also, this could very well be completely unrelated, but if I remember correctly, each time this happened my scroll look was active, I disabled it while I switched programs. Maybe that was the problem? I don't even know what the scroll lock key does honestly.
I hear Duke Nukem Forever is coming out today, Japan Time! - Singapore

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived