• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Yie Ar Kung Fu
  3. VCS Discussions

User Info: TheFalseProphet

TheFalseProphet
10 years ago#1
Use this topic to discuss everything related to duelist movement/rank. General thoughts or specific ones, bring them all! Anything from "I think he's ranked too high" to "He should get a challenge coin next term."

We can start by talking through where new members should rank. (DP)

PS: We all know DP, and are on good terms with him, so what I'm about to say won't really apply in this case, but keep in mind that this board is not private, just hidden, so don't say anything here that you wouldn't be able to back up in public. Hopefully, no one finds us, but in the off-chance someone does, don't get caught with your foot in your mouth. Just keep the chatter about members skill related, and not personal. Thanks...
Grand Vizier of Veterans || [TR]
~=Tainted Pride of the Crimson Void=~

User Info: Barghvendu

Barghvendu
10 years ago#2
I say, have him take 'pac's place in the rankings to start. That should placate his ego and still give him a goal to advance. Besides, 'pac, in my opinion is over-ranked anyway.
You people are ****ing insane. Name anyone other than Canis who you believe to be of greater skill and I'll duel them-Wolfpac

TheFalseProphet
10 years ago#3
I'd say somewhere between 8-10 for DP. I could sign up for taking Pac's spot. Haya, is that cool with you?

Also, traditionally, we start people lower than they would be ranked for two reasons. One, they only have one sample to be judged on while the others have a lot more, and two, it gives extra motivation for them to climb the ranks and prove themselves, thus keeping the system running.

And I don't really care about the ego thing. In fact, we should try to get away from that and rate them on simply what they provide us with, without preconceived notions.

I'll check out Cross' post in detail and let you guys know where I think he should go in a bit.

User Info: CanisKil

CanisKil
10 years ago#4
That's OK with me.

Legate of Sin
GrandMasterBreaker: Silent Assassin|RandyATTACKS' Hall of Phame

TheFalseProphet
10 years ago#5
All right, thinking it over a bit. I'm not so sure about the 8th spot now. I agree, especially with the new infusion of talent, Pac's ranking does seem high, but I don't think I agree with putting DP above Calo. I see him more as the 10th slot right now.

As for Cross, I am thinking between DT and Taz. We can give him a challenge coin to fight Neo for the 11th spot?

And Millicent Magic, hmm... his post is weird, and not in a good way. Right above Seefu? Is that too harsh?

Also, I was thinking of giving the new members a challenge coin in their first or second term, to give them a chance at proving themselves. Also, it can have a motivational side-effect, keeping them involved for the long run.

So, here is how I'm seeing the VCS, disregard the ©. Let me know how you guys feel, what you disagree with and why so we can come to a conclusion soon. Thanks..

Veteran’s Character Standings

1. Libram
2. Kiori Hayabusa
3. CanisKil
4. BlackCandles (Super) ©
5. Maxim Shadow (Raize) ¤
6. TheInnerTorture (Corbow)
7. Rep_v2
8. Square One (Wolfpac)
9. CaloFragilistic ©
10. DarkPaladin126
11. NeoChaos Perfect
12. Lady M
13. Dark Toucan §
14. Crossant
15. Taz_8806 §
16. Fenrir the Wolf
17. Medititan ©
18. Neox 22xx
19. Kuronii ©
20. Iamabeast
21. Menstrual Cycle ©
22. MillicentMagic
23. Seefu Sefirosu
24. Kdogground2
25. Griff17 ©
26. Alternator
27. Cheesewhizz ©
28. Doggydog3
29. Arch Angel 13
30. Gumplug
31. XxTheEndlessWaltzxX
32. Ze0n
33. Bladedude679

User Info: Barghvendu

Barghvendu
10 years ago#6
Give Neo a coin on the next go 'round. Let's move 'pac down the list.

List looks good. I'd say give a coin to half the new members, Then the other half after.
You people are ****ing insane. Name anyone other than Canis who you believe to be of greater skill and I'll duel them-Wolfpac

TheFalseProphet
10 years ago#7
You guys okay with this coming term's challenge coin recipients?

Raize, requested it
Lady M, Canis' suggestion
Cross, new
Fenrir, He's been active in that stupid E4 thing!
Griff, I'm not sure about this one. I want to give it to him, because he wanted to start at the bottom and work his way up.* But he may be tied up with the duel against Haya.
Kdogg, requested it

Taz and Neo expressed interest in receiving the coin as well. They can be on top of the list for next term.

*Just wanted to let Canis know that we usually have one term with movement based on coin challenges only, followed by next term movement being determined by coin and rp/duels on the board. This term ending is coin only. So in 2 weeks, movement will be based on both aspects.
  1. Boards
  2. Yie Ar Kung Fu
  3. VCS Discussions
  • Topic Archived