• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: TheFalseProphet

TheFalseProphet
10 years ago#1
We can use this board to bounce ideas off of each other. I'll start listing a few things we have been talking about recently, and you guys can post some of yours, or add on to the ones here.

RP - We're in the process of developing a moderated rp. There will be GMs (what does this stand for? general managers or game masters or something else?) who will decide the validity of participants' actions. Haya's leading the charge on this front, so he can probably explain more, but all sages will most likely be the GMs directing the course of the rp. Also, Neo's team, who selected the rp prize bundle will have a lead role of some sort in this.

VCS - We have a couple of ideas floating around here, mainly around the challenge coin. One is to have every member be able to challenge the person above them. If they win, they move up on rank. If they lose, they drop one rank, so there is a risk/reward aspect to it. And if you challenge one term, you cannot challenge next term. It has its pros and cons, and we can go over them to make the best decision.

Symbol of Synergy - Currently, two people holding a challenge coin can team up and face the two synergy holders for the symbols. These don't affect rank at all, and are for the medal themselves only. I think we decided that regular challenge coin matches get priority over team matches, right? A related idea was to have anyone with a coin be able to challenge the team, and they get to pick their teammate. Rather than having your teammate be another coin holder only, you can select anyone either directly three above or three below you. Then the idea evolved, as they always seem to do, into just having the tag team bout be a total separate entity, with its own ranks for teams. And people can register their teams of two, and take it from there.

Next Contender - Some sort of system which allows a clear cut contender for number 1 spot. If someone has it, and loses a duel, he loses that right and the next in line gets the top contender title. Same as the VCS bit above, if he takes on the number 1 rank and loses, he drops a rank, so risk/reward aspect again.

Currency - Every term, a specific number of points (or made up currency) is given out. If there are 30 members, number 1 rank gets 30 points, and rank 30th gets 1 point. You get more points for winning challenges, or duels. Lose points for losing. Maybe a betting feature between duels? And then the points can be exchanged for stuff like medals, challenge coins, other objects...

More objects - Not now, because we just added some stuff, but some things to think about that we can add. We have the token of excellence, which went to tournament winner, and should be very rare. Should rep get one? I was thinking something like an anvil that you can use on someone 3 spots above you to drop them 5 spots. Something fun, i dont know. If you got ideas, let me know.

??? - I'm not sure how to do this...but maybe a bio page which tells us stuff about the duelist in regards to TR, like original rank, highest rank obtained, challenge coin matches won/lost, just a records page in general.

That's all I got. Your turn? =)
Grand Vizier of Veterans || [TR]
~=Tainted Pride of the Crimson Void=~

User Info: Barghvendu

Barghvendu
10 years ago#2
I think if you want to include the risk/reward factor, it should be for both participants. If the higher ranked member loses, they should take the victorious challengers rank, until they can challenge.
You people are ****ing insane. Name anyone other than Canis who you believe to be of greater skill and I'll duel them-Wolfpac

User Info: Kiori Hayabusa

Kiori Hayabusa
10 years ago#3
That's inherent to the system.

If you win a challenge match, you move up and the person you beat, who was above you, moves down.
When I log on to GFAQs I leave my humility at the door. - Cro Magnon
Sin

User Info: Barghvendu

Barghvendu
10 years ago#4
I thought the violence was inherent to the system.

You people are ****ing insane. Name anyone other than Canis who you believe to be of greater skill and I'll duel them-Wolfpac

User Info: TheFalseProphet

TheFalseProphet
10 years ago#5
You are both correct.
Grand Vizier of Veterans || [TR]
~=Tainted Pride of the Crimson Void=~
  • Topic Archived