You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life
  3. Would you buy a Switch remake of Wonderful Life?

User Info: That_Pikmin_Guy

That_Pikmin_Guy
2 months ago#1
I probably would honestly.
I would hope for some extra content though to fill in the slower parts of the game.
Switch Friend Code: SW-5101-2906-6521 PM me if you add me.

User Info: NessEggman

NessEggman
2 months ago#2
Of course. I'd rather it be on Steam as well, but I'd still grab it on Switch for sure.
http://thaao.net/playdiaries/ --- SSLPs of SaGa, Rockman, Harvest Moon, Tokimeki Memorial, and more

User Info: dunk528

dunk528
2 months ago#3
Remember, the people who made this game no longer work with natsume (the company that owns the harvest moon games and trademark) so this game would be ported and possibly updated by the current team that works on the series, so you'd have to base what they would do to this game on their current harvest moon titles.
Marvelous is the developer that made the harvest moon series, which then split off after New Beginnings to create The Story of seasons franchise (most consider this to be the true harvest moon successor.)
Marvelous has plans to port trio of towns to the switch, but there is no news of a new game in the franchise as of yet.
I personally don't trust Natsume with a port of A Wonderful life (The lost valley really put a bad taste in my mouth for how they treated the franchise after the split), they would most likely use the PS2 Special edition version and outsource the work to a third party.

That_Pikmin_Guy
2 months ago#4
Yeah I don't expect it to every happen kinda just wanted to hear what everyone would think of a remake.

Honesty though even after marvelous and natsume split I wasn't to keen on harvest moon's before the split or at least the ones after DS and on top of that story of season's was a bit too dull to me haven't tried trio of towns though.
(edited 2 months ago)

NessEggman
2 months ago#5
I wasn't to keen on harvest moon's before the split or at least the ones after DS

This is how I felt, too. The series really went downhill after DS. I don't even play those games anymore and didn't even get the new Story of Seasons.

The Lost Valley was OK. Not good but OK.

so this game would be ported and possibly updated by the current team that works on the series

If the game did get a remake, it would most likely be remade first as bokumono in Japan, meaning Marvelous would do it. Then they'd either not release it in English or would release it as a Story of Seasons game. Or maybe make some kind of deal with Natsume to allow them to localize it or something.
http://thaao.net/playdiaries/ --- SSLPs of SaGa, Rockman, Harvest Moon, Tokimeki Memorial, and more

User Info: dunk528

dunk528
2 months ago#6
If the game did get a remake, it would most likely be remade first as bokumono in Japan, meaning Marvelous would do it. Then they'd either not release it in English or would release it as a Story of Seasons game. Or maybe make some kind of deal with Natsume to allow them to localize it or something.

Thank you for the correction, I completely overlooked the fact that Natsume was localizing Marlelous's product overseas so doesn't own the original work, just the localized name, so they probably could release a remake, tho Marvelous doesn't seem as interested in the series as much as their other series Senran Kagura

That_Pikmin_Guy
2 months ago#7
hey maybe it could happen someday then.
was Wonderful life received by the community well enough to warrant a remake?
everyone i talked to about the game ether loved it or hated it.

also on a side note and a bit off topic but what do you two think of Stardew Valley if you two have played?
been playing it a lot since the Switch release also picked it up on steam last year.

it has done a good job filling the Harvest Moon shaped hole in my heart.

User Info: robster_2005

robster_2005
2 months ago#8
Stardew Valley is heavenly.........put over 100 hours into that now.

HM: Light of Hope is pretty good too, though broken (although that's always been part of the charm of a HM game) - Don't agree with them getting greedy with the DLC either for additional marriage candidates etc
The infinitely better FF14 discord - https://discord.gg/E2VNuAH

NessEggman
2 months ago#9
Stardew is great. There's something about it that feels quite different from Harvest Moon even though it's basically a blatant knockoff. But I've dumped plenty of time into it, too. My Steam profile says 125 hours, and I haven't done everything I want to do in the game yet.

HM: Light of Hope is pretty good too

Is it? I've been on the fence with it because it looks so ugly. I also want to marry the underworld king guy so I kinda HAVE to buy DLC which I don't want to do. But I was thinking of picking up the bundle on Steam if it ever goes on sale for like $15 or less.

User Info: robster_2005

robster_2005
2 months ago#10
It's really not too bad Ness - The variety of crops and cross fertilization is good fun and the other marriage candidates are good too. The mine is just way too easy though and you can make a shed load of money from that in the first couple of seasons

Some of the main story quests are pretty glitchy too, but I think they have patched some of that stupidity out now
The infinitely better FF14 discord - https://discord.gg/E2VNuAH
  1. Boards
  2. Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life
  3. Would you buy a Switch remake of Wonderful Life?