• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life
  3. Happy Halloween Harvest Moon A Wonderful Life Community

User Info: robster_2005

robster_2005
1 month ago#21
Cube really does have a good catalogue but as Yoshi said, the games are getting expensive now - Nintentdo are missing an opportunity here with the switch, or maybe we can get a cube mini :D
Fun and friendly FF14 discord - https://discord.gg/jFccu6k - Feel free to join

User Info: That_Pikmin_Guy

That_Pikmin_Guy
1 month ago#22
i know right wanted to get a copy of Fire Emblem path of radiance the cheapest copy i could find was 108 bucks.

I would absolutely love a GameCube mini like 80% of my favorite games are on GameCube.
Switch Friend Code: SW-5101-2906-6521 PM me if you add me.

User Info: Robinstar

Robinstar
1 month ago#23
High prices won’t stop me from trying. Might slow me down considerably. But still. I’ll have to check the retro store I usually buy from.

I’d definitely wanna buy a GameCube mini. I’m currently more in need of a 64 mini though.

That_Pikmin_Guy
1 month ago#24
For me it depends on how high the price is i won't spend over 100 on a game but i really miss having Fire Emblem so maybe when tax season comes around.
I have also been wanting to get Kirby Air Ride again missing a lot of my childhood favorites.
Also is anyone picking up Smash Ultimate Tomorrow.

User Info: robster_2005

robster_2005
1 month ago#25
Fire Emblem: POR is well worth the price as is the wii one

My new smash game has already been shipped - Wishful thinking, but it might turn up today, but most likely gonna be on Friday - Really looking forward to blasting through that this weekend once I have caught up on FF14 a bit
Fun and friendly FF14 discord - https://discord.gg/jFccu6k - Feel free to join

That_Pikmin_Guy
4 weeks ago#26
Yeah i can't stand not having it anymore when i get my next pay check i'm going to bite the bullet and pick it up.
by the way what do you guys think about the Wii Harvest Moon games i have never played any of them saw some game play of animal parade on YouTube and it looks interesting.

User Info: TheLittlestH0bo

TheLittlestH0bo
4 weeks ago#27
I've never played them, but flippy had them. I don't remember if he liked them, but I know he preferred Tree of Tranquility or Animal Parade over the other. I'll try to remember to ask him for you.
"If gamefaqs was a city, this board would be like the distillery in the woods behind walmart." - xXEldestXx

That_Pikmin_Guy
4 weeks ago#28
TheLittlestH0bo posted...
I've never played them, but flippy had them. I don't remember if he liked them, but I know he preferred Tree of Tranquility or Animal Parade over the other. I'll try to remember to ask him for you.

That would be great thank you :)

User Info: Robinstar

Robinstar
4 weeks ago#29
I have both Tree of Tranquility and Animal Parade. If one does something, the other does the opposite.

Feeding animals is weird in ToT, especially since there aren’t even enough spots to feed all the chickens. Hand feed instead.

In AP, you can only have 3 types of animals in the barn no matter how much space you have. You can have whatever you want in ToT.

If you want to keep one item in a stack for the plot or something, and sell the rest, you can never separate items once you stack them in ToT.

ToT’s days are really short, and it can take awhile to get from place to place. Time doesn’t stop indoors either. You gotta manage your time wisely. AP’s days are freakishly long... and it’s still takes awhile to get places. And time DOES stop indoors. It really doesn’t need to. I’ve also noticed it slowing down out in the fields. It takes me around a half hour to an hour in real life to get through one day if I want to forage everything and give gifts to people, and I still end up going to bed early.

I think friendship for people raises about the same, but it’s going to feel a lot faster in ToT since the days go by faster. The same cannot be said for the wild animals you want to turn into pets. Their hearts take so much longer to raise in ToT than they do in AP.

Clothing is so much better in AP. There’s a couple recolors, but there’s still a lot of unique outfits. ToT’s has a few different outfits, but they’re all really similar, and then the rest are all just recolors. So many recolors. I’ve heard that there’s a limit to how much jewelry you can have in ToT, and haven’t heard the same for AP.

Anything else that needs comparing?

Oh, and I don’t have it, but based on what I’ve heard, I definitely wouldn’t bother with the Wii version of Magical Melody.

User Info: TheLittlestH0bo

TheLittlestH0bo
3 weeks ago#30
He preferred ToT over animal parade. Flippy has a pretty hectic schedule and the long days in animal parade make it a bit of a chore to get through.
"If gamefaqs was a city, this board would be like the distillery in the woods behind walmart." - xXEldestXx
  1. Boards
  2. Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life
  3. Happy Halloween Harvest Moon A Wonderful Life Community
  • Topic Archived