• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life
  3. Can you play as a girl in the PS4 special edition?

User Info: Elliee

Elliee
8 months ago#1
Hi, I already know about Another Wonderful Life where you can play as a girl but is it possible to play as one in the PS4 port? Like is it the same as HM Boy & Girl where the two games kind of got merged together?
FC: 0791 4497 1730
IGN: Ellie

User Info: YoshiTurtwig529

YoshiTurtwig529
7 months ago#2
According to my research, it doesn't seem so. Sorry, you're gonna have to marry best guy Gustafa in low res on the Gamecube/PS2.

But hey, they aged up Lumina to legal age so you can marry her without the damn FBI knocking on your door, and you can sell goats so you don't have to kill em when they stop producing milk. You can even choose to have a daughter, and there are new farm animals.

I never knew this game got an upgraded port on the PS4, it looks pretty nice. I'd get it if I actually had a PS4, honestly.
Remember, don't fail or else the mongoose overlords will banish you to the world of rabid spider-monkeys and mad cows!

User Info: Robinstar

Robinstar
7 months ago#3
You can only play as a girl on Another Wonderful Life of the GameCube.

And, uh, no marrying Gustafa on PS2 either. I guess Turtwig up there thought there was a girl version for that? Just GameCube.

For Special Edition, nothing within the game was changed for the PS4, as far as I’m aware. It’s the same game as PS2. Though if it interests you, Special Edition is the one where you can have a daughter, while you cannot do that on the GameCube versions. She looks like you instead of the wife though.

YoshiTurtwig529
7 months ago#4
I haven't actually played the game in quite some time now, and Gustafa was the first person to come to mind, sorry about that.
Move along now nothing to see here.

User Info: Robinstar

Robinstar
7 months ago#5
Well the specific bachelor wasn’t what I was focusing on, the console was, but I actually thought singling him out was funny. He’s the one I just proposed to recently.

User Info: TheLittlestH0bo

TheLittlestH0bo
7 months ago#6
I didn't even know they had ported this game to that new of a console. Is there anything different?
"If gamefaqs was a city, this board would be like the distillery in the woods behind walmart." - xXEldestXx

YoshiTurtwig529
7 months ago#7
Yos***urtwig529 posted...

But hey, they aged up Lumina to legal age so you can marry her without the damn FBI knocking on your door, and you can sell goats so you don't have to kill em when they stop producing milk. You can even choose to have a daughter, and there are new farm animals.

I never knew this game got an upgraded port on the PS4, it looks pretty nice. I'd get it if I actually had a PS4, honestly.

There are also a few new dialogues, and some changes were made to cooking, at least, that's what the wiki says.
Move along now nothing to see here.

User Info: NessEggman

NessEggman
7 months ago#8
I didn't realize this port existed either. Does it suffer from the same slowdown issues as the PS2 version?
http://thaao.net/playdiaries/ --- SSLPs of SaGa, Rockman, Harvest Moon, Tokimeki Memorial, and more
  1. Boards
  2. Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life
  3. Can you play as a girl in the PS4 special edition?
  • Topic Archived