• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
Been a while huh, was feeling a bit nostalgic so thought I'd pop in. I don't know how gamefaqs mods operate things anymore, so hopefully this won't be marked as off topic.

Anyway, I wanted to drop by, give you all a quick hi, and tell Alex if you're still around (which is seems maybe you are) send me a text. I'm not sure if you have the same phone number anymore, and I'd love to catch up since I see your facebook was deleted.

I hope all of you have been doing well! I've been slowly working my way into the video game music scene, and have worked on a few projects that I can't really talk about as of yet, and am in the process of getting my first full soundtrack soon. At least I hope. Things are looking up!!!

I've been traveling some, for Game Developer's conference specifically, where I worked and made some amazing connections in the game industry. Teaching music simply wasn't going to cut it for me. And in addition to this, I've submitted a talk for PAX Dev, which is kinda like a developer only portion of PAX. I'm not sure if I'll be able to present yet or not, but we'll find out soon!

I go by Kylydian now for almost everything. So if any of you would like to keep in touch, Twitter is the best way, or you can check out my soundcloud if you're interested in my musicking. You can probably track down my facebook if you like as well.

As for AWL specific things as of recent, I met up IRL with Flippy about 2 years ago now, and saw Swimmydude (Although I don't think anyone around here anymore will remember him) for the 4th time about a month ago.

One interesting story I guess is at GDC, someone I was working with at GDC asked what the most important game is to me. I told him it was Harvest Moon: A Wonderful life from all the memories I made from 2004-2009, and somewhat after that as well. He was kinda shocked that an online community on an FAQ board could have become so close. Going so far to go by a first name basis on gamefaqs.

Anyway, I'll do my best to remember I posted this, I haven't been around in forever honestly. Gamefaqs just kinda outgrew me honestly I guess you could say. But not a day goes by that I don't think of everything I went through going through high school with all of you. If I don't get back to you here, please feel free to reach out. I'm starting to grow a bit, and I'd love to stay in touch :)

Cheer friends!~
3DS Friend Code: 4854-6435-3220

User Info: TheLittlestH0bo

TheLittlestH0bo
6 months ago#2
Unfortunately Alex hasn't been on in months. I miss the guy, all grown up and unplugged. Wish I had his number, or some other way to get a hold of him.

Congratulations on the music stuff though. I always wanted to get into the industry when I was young, but decided making a job out of it might kill my love for it as a hobby.
"If gamefaqs was a city, this board would be like the distillery in the woods behind walmart." - xXEldestXx

User Info: robster_2005

robster_2005
6 months ago#3
Good to see you still around Kyle and yo Hobo...........nice to sort of chat to you on xbox live the other day, but really hard to do without a proper keyboard haha
"That would explain how she died. It wasn't old age; she just roundhouse-kicked herself in the back of the head" - ShadowWraith666

TheLittlestH0bo
6 months ago#4
I've been typing on xbox with a controller for a long time, I barely notice it anymore. I was gonna invite you to a party, but I wasn't sure if you really wanted to be bothered. I never see you talking to anyone, so I didn't know if gaming was like your alone time or something.
"If gamefaqs was a city, this board would be like the distillery in the woods behind walmart." - xXEldestXx

User Info: robster_2005

robster_2005
6 months ago#5
Usually am just solo'ing stuff on X1, but love to do a few games with you at some point if you want? Dunno if you still play gears of war or anything like that? - Don't have a mic for x1 though

Most of my gaming time is spent on final fantasy 14 nowadays mate
"That would explain how she died. It wasn't old age; she just roundhouse-kicked herself in the back of the head" - ShadowWraith666

TheLittlestH0bo
6 months ago#6
No mic is kind of a bummer, but it's all good. We'll have to sort out common games later, but sounds like fun.
  • Topic Archived