• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life
  3. I can only take this game every few months

User Info: That_Pikmin_Guy

That_Pikmin_Guy
6 months ago#1
But when I do I have binge it going through half the game in a few days.

I love the game but its so slow but when I play it suddenly there goes my day off.

User Info: NessEggman

NessEggman
6 months ago#2
That's kinda how I feel with the game, too. It's so slow and repetitive that if you try playing it bits every day you get bored fast. But when you play it all at once you get to see more progression in a shorter time (as in, IRL time).
http://thaao.net/playdiaries/ --- SSLPs of SaGa, Rockman, Harvest Moon, Tokimeki Memorial, and more

User Info: robster_2005

robster_2005
6 months ago#3
Anyone playing the new one? (Light of Hope) - Have finally got a Switch and copy of that so gonna give it a try soon
"That would explain how she died. It wasn't old age; she just roundhouse-kicked herself in the back of the head" - ShadowWraith666

User Info: TheLittlestH0bo

TheLittlestH0bo
6 months ago#4
There's a new one? Is it harvest moon or story of seasons? I don't have a switch, so it doesn't really matter as I can't play it either way, but I'm still interested.
"If gamefaqs was a city, this board would be like the distillery in the woods behind walmart." - xXEldestXx

User Info: robster_2005

robster_2005
6 months ago#5
It's on PS4 as well

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/ps4/210066-harvest-moon-light-of-hope
"That would explain how she died. It wasn't old age; she just roundhouse-kicked herself in the back of the head" - ShadowWraith666

That_Pikmin_Guy
6 months ago#6
i have been thinking about getting it i haven't played any modern harvest moon games unless you count story of seasons.

i have been playing a lot of stardew valley on switch for my main farm and on PC for co-op.

User Info: TheLittlestH0bo

TheLittlestH0bo
6 months ago#7
I don't have a ps4 either. Focusing more on trying to get a PC again. Been itching to get back into the Civilization series.
"If gamefaqs was a city, this board would be like the distillery in the woods behind walmart." - xXEldestXx

That_Pikmin_Guy
6 months ago#8
never tried Civilization is it like sims?

User Info: NessEggman

NessEggman
6 months ago#9
Civilization is a turn-based strategy game where you try to win in various ways (killing everyone, being the first in space, etc). It's similar to Sims in that there's a variety of variables you need to manage throughout the game, but it's a lot more intense and difficult, and there's a beginning and end with win/lose conditions.

If you've ever played the board game Axis & Allies, it's somewhat similar, but way more complex.

A friend of mine tried Light of Hope and said it's not the worst Harvest Moon he's ever played. That was about all he had to say about it.
http://thaao.net/playdiaries/ --- SSLPs of SaGa, Rockman, Harvest Moon, Tokimeki Memorial, and more

User Info: Robinstar

Robinstar
5 months ago#10
AWL can hold my attention for about a week at a time. No idea how many hours of my life that thing sucks up each time though.

As for LoH, I’ve been turned off from Natsume’s knockoffs since I tried SoM. Still been paying attention though in case they get better. Eh... The artwork of the characters is looking better?
  1. Boards
  2. Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life
  3. I can only take this game every few months
  • Topic Archived