• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life
  3. Through the Looking Glass

User Info: robster_2005

robster_2005
10 months ago#11
Ahhhh bummer - Best thing I can suggest for irritating housemates is wireless headphones - They were a lifesaver when I was at uni
"That would explain how she died. It wasn't old age; she just roundhouse-kicked herself in the back of the head" - ShadowWraith666

User Info: flipwits

flipwits
10 months ago#12
TheLittlestH0bo posted...
Things are kinda rough at the moment. I've been trying to come to terms with the fact that I need to get my drinking under control before it becomes a real problem. I also hate my job and can't seem to get any alternative lined up, and I get passed over whenever I do.

So it's whatever. Life is life.

I definitely feel you. My real trouble was with weed, where it got to the point that I thought life was so boring without it that I even needed to pre-game a trip to the grocery store. Not going to get into specifics but there was a situation that was a real moment of awakening where if I was just a little bit higher I would have made a terrible mistake but thankfully didn't. Looking back, I should've known it was a problem when last year I said "I'm giving up weed on week days" for Lent and even with that I ended up justifying moving what counts as a weekday farther and farther back so eventually it was like "okay it's 12:01 am on Friday--time to smoke up." For me quitting weed and alcohol cold turkey has been the only way to do it, especially now that I've seen my roommate do the same thing I was doing, where he's said a few times he's going to quit and then slides over to "cutting back"/"socially" with these different justifications. Sometimes it's still a struggle but I'm a lot happier overall. Sobriety doesn't have to be boring and there are natural ways to access altered states of consciousness such as meditation and lucid dreaming.
Ska Punk's Not Dead!

User Info: thecanadian1

thecanadian1
10 months ago#13
Hey guys, not sure how many of you will remember me, I used to go by TheCanadianOne, but I can't seem to crack back into that account.

Anyway, glad to see you're all still around and that this board is still as alive as I ever saw it

User Info: TheLittlestH0bo

TheLittlestH0bo
10 months ago#14
Is it? It's quite dead anymore.

Been a long time since we had a fresh face show up, so there's not much to stir me into posting as of late. Kinda funny really. I used to be on here every day, now I can barely remember to check in once a month.
"If gamefaqs was a city, this board would be like the distillery in the woods behind walmart." - xXEldestXx

thecanadian1
10 months ago#15
I mean it seems to be in a lull but a few good guys are still around and that's pretty cool. also not gonna lie it was nice looking through a few archived threads and seeing people had mentioned me :P

User Info: NessEggman

NessEggman
10 months ago#16
I started following the board now so I actually get notifications but even then stuff hardly pops up haha.
http://thaao.net/playdiaries/ --- SSLPs of SaGa, Rockman, Harvest Moon, Tokimeki Memorial, and more

thecanadian1
10 months ago#17
I guess it is pretty dead, but to be completely honest I didn't think I'd find an unarchived topic here.

Anyway, how are all you guys doing? It's been a long time since I've been here

TheLittlestH0bo
9 months ago#18
Doing as well as one can. Coming close to paying off my credit cards, then going to tackle my student loans. Hoping to have it payed off by the end of the year. After that I figure I'll start saving up for a house, but it seems like such a hassle.

A couple of my friends bought a house recently, and they've been having trouble with the dish washer leaking and I think they had a gas leak too. All kinds of s*** like that. Seems pretty annoying being that responsible.
"If gamefaqs was a city, this board would be like the distillery in the woods behind walmart." - xXEldestXx

User Info: NessEggman

NessEggman
9 months ago#19
I've been doing not much but trying to take care of my health. I'm actually in the middle of applying for disability right now. I got deemed 'medically frail' by Medicaid and was exempt from the work requirements for food stamps so I'm hoping I don't have too much more fighting to do. But the application has been going on for over a year.
http://thaao.net/playdiaries/ --- SSLPs of SaGa, Rockman, Harvest Moon, Tokimeki Memorial, and more

TheLittlestH0bo
9 months ago#20
Been a while, check in time.

Finally back in the relationship scene after almost two years of living that single life, suppose someone had to try and tie me down eventually.

Gonna be celebrating my daughter's birthday soon, crazy to think she's almost out of 1st grade. Everything else is whatever.

What about ya'll? Doing alright?
  1. Boards
  2. Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life
  3. Through the Looking Glass
  • Topic Archived