• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life
  3. Through the Looking Glass

User Info: flipwits

flipwits
1 year ago#1
Yo how's it going guys? I legit had to deactivate my Facebook account because after I spoke out against a certain group I looked at the security page and there were 30 different iPad logins to my account (in Chicago, Seattle, NY, everywhere I had been last summer...) and I've never owned an iPad in my life. Freaked me the frig out but deleting it turned out to be one of the best decisions I've ever made.

Loads to talk about if you wanna hear more but for now I'll leave you with this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wU0PYcCsL6o
Ska Punk's Not Dead!

User Info: NessEggman

NessEggman
1 year ago#2
I love Alan Watts and yeah getting rid of fb is great!!!
http://thaao.net/playdiaries/ --- SSLPs of SaGa, Rockman, Harvest Moon, Tokimeki Memorial, and more

flipwits
1 year ago#3
It's so weird how very few people have a totally positive opinion of Facebook but then it has so much power over their lives. Everyone's putting a ton of personal information online even though it's constantly being abused and it's like fear of losing a social network keeps them perpetuating this messed up system. I got my FB account right before high school and while I didn't realize it at the time I became so much more anxious and concerned about what other people thought of me than when I was in middle school. Of course, some of those feelings were still there because that's part of being a teenager but I feel like it's keeping people in a teenager mindset long after they graduate high school.
Ska Punk's Not Dead!

User Info: TheLittlestH0bo

TheLittlestH0bo
1 year ago#4
Flippy, you magnificent beast. How've you been, man? Was starting to worry about you to be honest.
"If gamefaqs was a city, this board would be like the distillery in the woods behind walmart." - xXEldestXx

User Info: robster_2005

robster_2005
1 year ago#5
TheLittlestH0bo posted...
Flippy, you magnificent beast. How've you been, man? Was starting to worry about you to be honest.

This times 100 !
"That would explain how she died. It wasn't old age; she just roundhouse-kicked herself in the back of the head" - ShadowWraith666

flipwits
1 year ago#6
I'm sorry you guys were worried. The past half year or so has really been an adventure to say the least. Started questioning a lot of things I'd never questioned all that much before and it led me down a bunch of rabbit holes in pursuit of the truth. Had a couple wrong turns along the way but it's all part of the learning process. Found God, got sober, found love, joined Anonymous, started meditating, opened my third eye, started paying a lot more attention to what I eat and drink and living a healthier and more purposeful life overall. Last semester I had the maximum number of courses so it was tough balancing all the metaphysical/cyberpunk stuff I was getting into with my grad school obligations but it all worked out. This semester I'm taking fewer classes and putting more energy into working on my thesis, which is my novel. A literary agent seemed pretty interested when I pitched it to him last year so now just trying to get a tight draft done. What have y'all been up to?
Ska Punk's Not Dead!

User Info: BrandonLogan

BrandonLogan
1 year ago#7
I also am taking less classes this term as one was always falling to the side. I'm down to four right now.
Volunteering at the campus radio station. (Have a high chance at a 16 week position during the summer which will help out.)

I started speed-running 64. (I'm using it as a bonus project that I'll do a write-up on in april and get a 20% grade bump.)

Getting out of a rut I was in a few years ago with some support from my dad.

Glad to hear you seem to be on a good path.

User Info: TheLittlestH0bo

TheLittlestH0bo
1 year ago#8
Things are kinda rough at the moment. I've been trying to come to terms with the fact that I need to get my drinking under control before it becomes a real problem. I also hate my job and can't seem to get any alternative lined up, and I get passed over whenever I do.

So it's whatever. Life is life.
"If gamefaqs was a city, this board would be like the distillery in the woods behind walmart." - xXEldestXx

User Info: robster_2005

robster_2005
1 year ago#9
Glad you guys are sorting things out and are still kinda around :D
"That would explain how she died. It wasn't old age; she just roundhouse-kicked herself in the back of the head" - ShadowWraith666

User Info: YoshiTurtwig529

YoshiTurtwig529
1 year ago#10
Hey guys, It's probably about time I post something, eh?

Things are going surprisingly well on my end, I gotta take more classes this semester to meet my scholarship requirements, but it's not as bad as I expected. I do have to put up with a new roommate, though. He's chinese and as far as I can tell is rich and spoiled based on his high-tech computer, brand name clothing, two empty mini fridges, always eating out, and skipping classes. He stays up playing League of Legends and PUBG babbling in a language I don't understand, but I've finally learned how to tune him out.
Remember, don't fail or else the mongoose overlords will banish you to the world of rabid spider-monkeys and mad cows!
  1. Boards
  2. Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life
  3. Through the Looking Glass
  • Topic Archived