• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life
  3. Stupidest questions about HM: AWL

User Info: Robinstar

Robinstar
1 year ago#11
Can you remember if you got it in the morning or noon, Layla? Cause that's what I'm most fuzzy on in my memory.

But anyway, the case for AnWL doesn't help at all when it comes to rumors. It's got all those wild animals, the cats from the villa, and what seems to be a baby horse. I once saw someone talking about the chihuahua saying, "It's on the cover I know I can get it."

User Info: NessEggman

NessEggman
1 year ago#12
Yeah I think my biggest problem with the cat is that I have no idea when/where I'm supposed to trigger the scene to get it, and I tend to stick to a routine in this game (doesn't everyone? XD) so if it's at a 'bad' time I never come across it T_T
http://thaao.net
Current diaries: UNLIMITED:Saga, SaGa SCARLET GRACE, Tokimeki Memorial 3, Final Fantasy V Four Job Fiesta

Robinstar
1 year ago#13
NessEggman posted...
Yeah I think my biggest problem with the cat is that I have no idea when/where I'm supposed to trigger the scene to get it, and I tend to stick to a routine in this game (doesn't everyone? XD) so if it's at a 'bad' time I never come across it T_T

I'm pretty sure I remember walking out of my house to trigger it. And you can get it as soon as Chapter 2 or 3, internet says 2, usually. And there's disagreement on if you have to befriend Romana or not, but it's not like it's hard to do, so might as well. But the time, I have no idea.
So far I've read you have to wake up after your wife/husband, or that I have to leave the house at 7am. But I've also read that it's noon, or 3pm, or 3:30pm. I've been testing with each time and haven't gotten it in this play through even though I'm at Chapter 3 and have befriended Romana.
Oh and I've also seen people say it has to be Summer, others says it has to be Fall, and then others say it's any season. It may drive me crazy.

NessEggman
1 year ago#14
So basically it has to be at A TIME and you may need A FRIEND. Very clear now!! Thanks, wild rumor game series!!!

But yeah I tried looking it up before and found the same predicament and just... kinda gave up and hoped it would trigger. If you do happen to trigger it, definitely make sure to write down when it was!
Current diaries: UNLIMITED:Saga, SaGa SCARLET GRACE, Tokimeki Memorial 3, Final Fantasy V Four Job Fiesta

Robinstar
1 year ago#15
NessEggman posted...
So basically it has to be at A TIME and you may need A FRIEND. Very clear now!! Thanks, wild rumor game series!!!

But yeah I tried looking it up before and found the same predicament and just... kinda gave up and hoped it would trigger. If you do happen to trigger it, definitely make sure to write down when it was!

Got the cat! Chapter 3. Friends with Romana. Went to sleep around 11:20pm-ish on Fall 2. Woke up Fall 3 and got a knock on the door as soon as I woke, before being able to move. Romana comes with the cat and it seems like you could reject it if you wanted. I didn't experiment. It was 7:59am when I could see the clock again, so yeah, after my husband woke. I named the cat Nikki even though Romana kept calling it "he". But most old ladies call all cats "he" anyway, so whatever.

NessEggman
1 year ago#16
Ah, maybe I wake up too early or something? I tend to go to bed early and get up around 5-6AM to do farm chores. Thanks for letting me know all those details!! I really appreciate it.

User Info: Layla94

Layla94
1 year ago#17
I normally get the cat CHAPTER 2 but YEAR 3. Ya know, cause multiple years per chapter and all. In the morning like ness outlined. I always befriend romana by giving her a bunch of milk when she's standing, so I don't know if it's required to be all buddy-buddy or not, but I always do.

Again, I'd like to reitterate. The cat just eats all my food and requires my time and energy filling the dog bowl twice as often.

...I'm not really a cat person as you might be able to tell. Once we had a cat that would pee on our clean laundry. Never the dirty laundry, just the clean. I hold a grudge I guess. xD

NessEggman
1 year ago#18
I actually had a nightmare about a cat attacking me last night LOL. I'm also allergic to cats, though I love cats in games. I more just want to try getting it because I've never gotten it before though :)

Robinstar
1 year ago#19
I just like to complete things the best I can, so the cat feels necessary. I've got like 15 real cats, so I'm pretty fond of them, but some of them are real jerks.

But back to rumors. The bear. Dachaan. I've been able too see 3 cutscenes if you count the one where you get him. The other two are the ones that happen when you walk into your kid's room and he seems to have been talking to the bear or something. I usually assume all other cutscenes with him are rumors. But people seem pretty darn serious about the two kitchen scenes being real. ...Are they? I've very often walked into the kitchen at night in various chapters and nothing with the bear ever happens.

NessEggman
1 year ago#20
I've never seen the kitchen cutscenes ever. I can only ever remember the one or two where you walk into the kid's room, too. But I mean, I can't even get the cat, so XD
  1. Boards
  2. Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life
  3. Stupidest questions about HM: AWL
  • Topic Archived