• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life
  3. Stupidest questions about HM: AWL

User Info: Layla94

Layla94
1 year ago#1
I've seen a lot of really moronic questions raised about this beautiful old game. For instance, "why can't I milk my calf, is she sick" and "can I befriend the harvest sprites to get the owl pet". I find these and other such questions hilarious and I'm constantly looking for more. Who here has a few of their Stupidest Questions I've Ever Heard About AWL?

Layla94
1 year ago#2
I once heard a superstition that if you dig certain squares in the dig site a certain number of repeated times, carter gives you the chihuahua. And many other such pet-related rumors. The pet questions are hilarious imho.

User Info: Robinstar

Robinstar
1 year ago#3
There's so, so many pet ones. If there's an animal, there's a dumb rumor for it. Same for sheds. And things the stuffed bear does. I'd love to hear more dumb rumors and questions as well.

Ever here that if you don't feed your dog, he chases your son down to the ocean and bites him? Or that the stuffed bear scratches him or hurt him somehow? I'd like to hear something new though.

And I think it's the owl I heard that you apparently have to befriend everyone in town to get. Also for the chihuahua, you gotta both befriend Carter and get all of the tablet rom the dog site, and everyone seems to "know a guy that knows a guy that's done it".

User Info: robster_2005

robster_2005
1 year ago#4
We used to like spreading dumb rumours on this board when we had nothing better to do - We always used to say you could befriend the turtle down by the lake as well
"That would explain how she died. It wasn't old age; she just roundhouse-kicked herself in the back of the head" - ShadowWraith666

User Info: NessEggman

NessEggman
1 year ago#5
HM games in general seem to have the most ridiculous rumors, but this game really takes the cake... to the point where even things you can actually do in the game I stopped believing was possible because I thought it was yet another stupid rumor. But apparently you really can get a cat?! I don't even know. It's hard to keep track of what is even real in this game XD I've never gotten a cat myself though. But when I was playing on twitch everyone said you could, and some people even said they had done it before o_o
http://thaao.net
Current diaries: UNLIMITED:Saga, SaGa SCARLET GRACE, Tokimeki Memorial 3, Final Fantasy V Four Job Fiesta

User Info: robster_2005

robster_2005
1 year ago#6
Sorry for the late reply......managed to get warned for daring to have an opinion on this stupid forum.

Long live the rumour of Mr Happy the racoon as well :D
"That would explain how she died. It wasn't old age; she just roundhouse-kicked herself in the back of the head" - ShadowWraith666

User Info: Robinstar

Robinstar
1 year ago#7
I can totally see how someone could think the cat is fake, but I first got it by accident when I was little, before I had internet access, so it was just always a fact to me. Speaking of that, I'm having a bit of a struggle getting the thing in the girl version...

And speaking even further into that, there's also plenty of rumors on fake ways to get things you actually can get. I good way to confused everyone. Tried to look up the cat to remind myself and there's like 50 different ways. Thanks, internet.

NessEggman
1 year ago#8
I'm still not even sure what the real cat method even is lmao. I've only ever tried in AnWL (I hardly ever play AWL) and could never get it.

And wow I totally forgot about mr Happy XD
Current diaries: UNLIMITED:Saga, SaGa SCARLET GRACE, Tokimeki Memorial 3, Final Fantasy V Four Job Fiesta

Layla94
1 year ago#9
Haha yes, NessEggman, the cat is real. I've gotten him/her a couple times in fact on AWL. You might have to befriend Romana to get it, but Im not sure because I befriend her every game anyway haha. Ill take pictures next time I get it. It is pretty cool and novel after all. But mostly it just makes me need to refill the dog bowl twice as often. It doesnt really do anything...
Usually I get it early in year three, in my experience.

As far as not believing real things goes, when I was little I once told my sister I thought she was lying about the horse when I first started playing. Whoops.

NessEggman
1 year ago#10
Haha, yeah, in reverse, I've also had people tell me I was lying/believing rumors when I told them true stuff XD Harvest Moon is one of the most rumor-laden series I've ever known. The only thing I think was worse was the original Pokémon games XD
  1. Boards
  2. Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life
  3. Stupidest questions about HM: AWL
  • Topic Archived