You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life
  3. AWL Board FAQ: Read before asking a question! * Updated * Spoilers *

User Info: Luckiergirl

Luckiergirl
10 years ago#11

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Miscellaneous

How do I get more cooking options?
After cooking about 20 meals [you can make all 20 using the same recipe], the options “Desserts” and “Hors d’oeuvres” will open. After cooking about another 20 meals [may use again, the same recipes] you will open the final cooking option, Entrees.

How can I trigger the bath scene with my son in Chapter Two?
Walk into the kitchen while your wife and son are both in there at around 7 - 8 PM to trigger the scene. It can take several tries.

What does that black shed on my farm do?
Don’t worry about it. The shed has no real purpose. It’s thought that it was to be a horse stable, but the programmers decided to keep the horse in the barn with the other barn animals. However, due to the high demand of this game, they didn’t have enough time to take it out of the game’s programming.

What does Mukumuku do?
That white furry thing? Not much. But you can trigger a few cut-scenes with him and Daryl the scientist. If you want to befriend the creature, give him fish.

How do I catch any fish? Every time I hit A, I don’t get a fish.
Do not hit A until the bobber has made a splash. When you see the water splash, then hit A to reel in a fish.

How do I get other music records to listen to?
You have to link to Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town and buy the records from Van. For more information, take a quick look through Jumalacca’s Linking Guide. His guide lists requirements and benefits to linking to your FoMT game.

My character is having some odd dreams.. What’s the deal?
If you’ve been getting the dream where he’s walking from a swirling vortex and would like to receive a different dream, feed him more. When you start getting into a good habit of feeding him regularly when he needs it, his dreams will change to other things such as being in an area filled with food and a big grin on his face. No real benefit to the game, but just for something different.

I’ve given Murrey all of the money I can, but he never leaves. Isn’t he supposed to?
Nah, Murrey never leaves, despite the cut scenes and amount of money you give him.

I’ve heard that you can get six tablets in the mine. What do they do?
Make Carter and Flora your best buddies. And give yourself a sense of accomplishment. Collecting the six tablets does NOT get you the chihuahua. It is simply a rumor.

How long are the Chapters?
Chapter One - One year
Chapter Two - Two years
Chapter Three - Three years
Chapter Four - Two years
Chapter Five - One year
Chapter Six - One year

Luckiergirl
10 years ago#12

Glitches

I haven't encountered The Barn Glitch, however I have come across the Disappearing Calf as well as heard countless issues with having two cows pregnant at the same time, and was recently informed of The Milking Room Glitch. Some of these issues are preventable, others you will just have to be aware of.

The Barn Glitch: I'm not too familiar with this glitch as I've never encountered it myself, though I will quote Bloodmage3 with his description of the glitch as well as solution, "Sometimes when you order an eighth barn animal, the game may think your barn is already full. Keep your seven animals in your barn to prevent this glitch or sell one." To play it safe, just save before you order another animal.

Disappearing Calf: This is probably the most common glitch found in A Wonderful Life, and unfortunately, there is really no way to prevent it. After your cow gives birth and its calf is placed in the calf hutch, the calf occasionally tends to.. disappear. You won't see it in the calf hutch despite the fact that that is where it should be, and cannot be found in the barn instead or wandering lost somewhere. The only thing you can do after your calf has disappeared is to continue to place fodder in the calf hutch and have medicine ready in case it becomes sick by the time it's old enough to be placed in the barn.

Two Pregnant Cows: If you have two cows that become pregnant at roughly the same time, you may encounter problems with the latter cow as well as its calf, because there is only one isolation fence and one calf hutch. I have heard of the cows being fine, although I've also heard of the second calf dying due to the lack of a calf hutch/proper care. Space out the pregnancies by at least 30 days if possible. If you have a bull this will be more difficult due to random pregnancies. My only suggestion for this is to just not have a bull, and instead purchase MP's.

Milking Room Glitch: I hadn't heard of this one until recently, but it doesn't sound like too much of a problem. Just don't save when your cow is in the milking room, as it may cause it to become stuck in there for several days.

Luckiergirl
10 years ago#13

Animal Crossing vs. Harvest Moon: The Controversy

To clear up a couple of things about whether or not A Wonderful Life and Animal Crossing are similar

There has been some confusion comparing Animal Crossing and HM: A Wonderful Life. But instead of starting an argument over which is better due to a matter of opinions, I’ll simply bring out a couple of the facts.

Animal Crossing
- Open-ended [there isn’t an ending to the game]
- You befriend animals, not people
- Live your own life, you have no worries
- Build up your own house, and furnish it however you like
- Option to change outfits
- Keeps up with actual time

Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life
- There is an ending
- You befriend people, not animals
- You must get married before the first year is over
- You cannot furnish your house to how you want it to look, but it does automatically upgrade between certain Chapters
- Grow crops, care for animals, marry one of the three eligible ladies in town, and raise your own son
- One day usually takes around 10-20 minutes to complete

As for which one is more suitable for you, please, don’t ask us. Base it on your likes and dislikes.

Luckiergirl
10 years ago#14

Closing of this FAQ: Credits

I did have to do a little bit of searching for a few answers on a couple of them. =P So a big thanks to Mantastorm’s Plant FAQ, Biominion’s FAQ, Nekoko’s Guide, and Mimas’ Gift Guide. And also, not to kiss Manta's ass, but I'd also like to thank him for reviewing the original Board FAQ and helping with some of the organization. A big thanks to bloodmage3 as well, for reviewing the updated FAQ and catching several mistakes, adding information, and suggesting a section for glitches. I'd also like to thank the AWL board as a whole for being so supportive of these FAQ's. <3

Luckiergirl
10 years ago#15

Hrm, just realized I messed up. Eh it'll still do for a sticky I guess.

Bump every other day should keep it away from the purge monster.
Tears stream down your face,
I promise you I will learn from my mistakes.
*claps*
You're a hero to this board Ashley.
Let's say that if girls are like Pokemon, I leveled up. ~ Flipwits
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y54/AnimalCrossingMaster/image.jpg

Luckiergirl
10 years ago#17

Thanks love. :]

Gonna request a sticky soon; hopefully they still do all that the same way they did two and a half years ago. <.<

Luckiergirl
10 years ago#18

Hrm, how about that. They made it to where you can go to message detail and request one.

Much easier than before. :o

User Info: bloodmage3

bloodmage3
10 years ago#19
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]

User Info: bloodmage3

bloodmage3
10 years ago#20
There ain't a Harvest Goddes in the game, as she posts on this board.

Too bad most modern noobs don't believe in her. Which is a shame.
If someone tells you that he's a liar, would you believe him?
  1. Boards
  2. Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life
  3. AWL Board FAQ: Read before asking a question! * Updated * Spoilers *
More topics from this board...
Tomorrow this game will be mineZacek121/3 12:38PM