• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Boxing Champions
  3. Fight Night Vs Boxing Champions.

User Info: BiscuitDeath

BiscuitDeath
9 years ago#1
I have boxing champions for ps2 - And its merely a party game for me and friends use nowadays. I recently played it and believe me guys - on most surfaces its an extremly poor game. Poor graphics, Slow reactions, Generally bad gameplay and no depth.

But the one thing this game does is capture the unpredictability of boxing like no fight night game has ever done. Now before I start let me tell you - I recomend <u>every</u> FN game over this but somthing about this makes me wonder "Why isnt Fight Night like this bit?"

The flash knockdowns in this game do happen alot I admit - but they are all at completly right moments. E.G - a sharp hit to the ribs will down you momentarily if it catches you right. The flash knockdowns all help the gameplay. Hit and run fighters are benifited as are pressure fighters.

E.G - Fight Night I fight as Winky Wright against Tyson and try a hit and run strategy. Im running forever and outpointing him but I catch him flash many times - he only goes down once here. I hurt him but he recovers after I attack him and he's fine. Because I cant hurt him he is eventully able to stop me in the 10th.

I fight as a WW vs HW (Only Feather,Welter and Heavy here) on Boxing champions and my quick hooks off the ropes hit his temple. And no not like Fight Night he doesnt go flying to his back - He simply drops to a knee for a second and is up before the referee clears him. Eventully I get a 3 KD TKO on him in the 9th.

So the flash hits are slightly better but theres one actual thing else that has no arguement against it. The Knockdowns themselves.

Thats right. Every hit is given its correct knockdown. You can be lift of the floor and cast against the ropes before landing sat up. Like i said you can be caught flash and take a quick knee before getting straight up. You can hold your guts whilst on your knee's and you can just simply lie on your back with your arms over your head.

Here is my point : Why didnt EA take little details like that - details that would be more than likley easier to put in the game then the original Flash shots and the knockdowns and put them in their game - Adding to the players experience and people believing its new when its simply from an unknown game.

By the way - Do not sell you fight night for this. Its not a good game :)
"Lets do this again sometime"
Me (Sandygate abc's yearly show)
  1. Boards
  2. Boxing Champions
  3. Fight Night Vs Boxing Champions.
  • Topic Archived