• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Card GB2
  3. the fastest decks

User Info: badabing998

badabing998
2 months ago#1
I've been grinding this game lately and thought I'd post some results. Many decks can put a chokehold on the ai but here are two that performed more efficiently than the rest when they hit their stride (around 95% of the time). One tries to OHKO everything while the other spams big bench damage. It doesn't get much simpler than that. Strong alternatives like Zapdos FTK and Haymaker are comparably more agonizing and hand-intensive to play. Once these decks get their setup, it's just a steamroll with minimal menuing. Even Do-the-Wave feels a step behind.

My decks are tailored to 6 prize battles such as leaders and the sealed fort. I particularly look for consistent success against the Rain Dance, Trainer Lock, Do-the-Wave, and GB Zapdos fort trainers. That being said, Haymaker is probably best vs the smaller pickings in the challenge machine where setup feels unnecessary. GB Promo Zapdos chip is very useful in Haymaker there for those quick turn 1 steals without having to rely on it as your only source of damage which is slow.

And as a final note, these decks aren't intended for competitive play though their strategies could surely translate. The ai doesn't run much energy removal/lass or use fast attacks properly like a human opponent could so you can get away with more setup. Maybe the math could still be improved.

Rain Assault
4x Squirtle (Base)
2x Wartortle (Vending)
3x Blastoise
4x Krabby (Fossil)
4x Kingler (Vending)
3x Articuno (GB Promo)
1x Articuno (Fossil)
=21

4x Professor Oak
4x Bill
4x Computer Search
4x Itemfinder
2x Super Energy Removal
2x Super Energy Retrieval
1x Gust of Wind
2x Switch
2x Garbage Run
2x Pokemon Breeder
=27

12x Water Energy

Mons
Base Squirtle gets the nod over 50 HP variants because the ability to stall for one energy is more valuable vs the ai. Vending Wartortle is an efficient chip attacker that can also stall. Sometimes it’s best to settle for turn 3 Blastoise and just search a Wartortle. The Krabby line is the MVP of this deck, stalling with search power for one energy and dishing out OHKOs. Whenever I went down to 3 Kingler, I always found myself wanting 4 as it’s not uncommon to pile on 3 over a game. Salt Water is already powerful vs the passive ai, while Super Energy Retrieval and Articuno’s para power push it over the top. Being less reliant on trainers and Rain Dance is huge. Fossil Cuno, the standard attacking option in competitive, is playing a niche role here as a direct threat to their active that can immediately come off a depleted bench. I find myself attacking with Blastoise more, though I rarely stack 5 energy on it. A chip fest from GB Promo Articuno can help facilitate a Blastoise sweep, if not slowly pick off the scrubs on its own. Do yourself a favor and retreat it when you can.

Trainers/Energy
Max search power and discard access because I’m Oaking a lot. Sometimes you have to search a Garbage Run after a rough first Oak. I don’t waste time on Bill’s Teleporter vs the ai. Scoop Up seems handy in theory to avoid GB Promo Cuno bench clutter, but it hardly comes up. Two copies of Super Energy Removal has been plenty with my search power and it’s mostly for comeback situations. Kingler functions as energy removal on its own through brute force. The energy level is enough once I get drawing/searching.

Power Line
4x Pikachu (Movie Promo)
4x Dark Raichu
2x Scyther
2x Electabuzz
2x GR’s Mewtwo
2x Mr. Mime (Vending)
=16

4x Professor Oak
4x Bill
2x Challenge
4x Computer Search
3x Itemfinder
4x Energy Removal
2x Super Energy Removal
3x Gust of Wind
2x Switch
3x Pluspower
1x Garbage Run
=32

12x Electric Energy

Mons
My ideal setup which I often hit turn 2 looks like Dark Raichu/GR Two/Mr. Mime/Electabuzz/Scyther/Pikachu. I will try to force Pikachu’s recharge turn 1 as much as possible because the payoff is huge. Mime is here for elec resistances and to prevent 1 energy 40 damage revenges on Raichu from fighting types. The damage from surprise thunder hits 50/40 cap with GR boost and can 2HKO haymaker mons a good amount of the time. This is an important threshold also having solid odds to 3HKO Chansey/Zapdos and OHKOing basics with Pluspower. Electabuzz is here to stall and revenge efficiently off the bench. Scyther leads and retreat switches off status from Raichu. You could go up to 4 Scyther at the expense of a PlusPower and perhaps an Energy Removal, but I continue to get away with this count and keep in mind that it improves odds of turn 1 major setup cards (pika/mime/two). I wouldn’t bench more than 1 still.

Trainers/Energy
Energy Removal/Gust pays the bills here, allowing you to catch up after the occasional setup gone awry and keep the opponent’s setup down while you’re ahead. PlusPower is probably the most unnecessary card, but it speeds things up vs the scrubs. You really don’t need anything else so don’t fiddle with the energy. It seems excessive but it plays just right in my experience, maybe even a tinge low that’s doable. A couple Boss’s Way could lock down that turn 2 Raichu though.

User Info: badabing998

badabing998
2 months ago#2
slight bump just to say that bill might be the least valuable card in the above rain dance. bill really seems to pay off when you hit a hand with two bill though. otherwise i'm spamming oak. there have been times where i itemfindered bill early game too. the deck is playtested to the point where i don't want to mess with the spooky draw power action, but a computer error variant might be worth testing. i could see it working fine with those gb promo cuno/squirtle lead games. it seems like the only time i lose is when i can't hit an oak or a computer search in 8-10 draws, so some computer error could guard against that.

User Info: SSJ2__Gohan

SSJ2__Gohan
3 days ago#3
My prefered deck is a deck that's the "fastest" by winning with your opponent barely being able to play a card, but it can take a bit longer and has some top-decking luck involved: if the enemy top-decks Oak that can really hurt.

Experimental deck, I don't have my save anymore so I'm back to having to playtest and fine-tune:

10x Psychic Energy

4x Mewtwo lvl 60
3x Mr. Mime lvl 20

4x Energy Removal
4x Professor Oak
4x Itemfinder
4x Computer Search
4x Digger
4x Pluspower
4x Scoop Up
3x Goop Gas Attack
4x Bill