• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Card GB2
  3. Good decks for farming boosters?

User Info: socguy

socguy
4 years ago#1
Decided to replay the game (since I lost the previous save, sadly)

I can use some deck recommendations for collecting boosters quickly (especially later packs like 4,5,6,7). Probably rushing decks that have a good-great win rate (the starter deck actually comes pretty close when played against grass gym members)
3DS FC: 1134-8049-9417
Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Nostalgic Map Collection: http://bit.ly/tff_maps (please report any new maps found)

User Info: mvantosh

mvantosh
4 years ago#2
Generally, if you have a specific club member in mind, any beatdown deck with 12-16 basics that the club member's deck is weak to work the best. Like 4 Electabuzz/4 Pikachu/4 Voltorb against the Water Club.

For an all-round deck, I like the Wigglytuff/Do the Wave, and Zapdos LV68 decks.

User Info: ccccran

ccccran
4 years ago#3
I am finally playing the English translation of this game and having a blast. I rebuilt my old deck that just tears apart everyone - 4 each of the basic Charmander/Charmeleon/Charizard, + 4 Dbl. Colorless Energy, + obviously fire energy and a bunch of helpful trainer cards, mostly Bill / Prof.Oak / Energy Retrievals / Potions. Sometimes you'll lose due to poor luck of the draw but basically this wrecks everything in no time flat. Some water decks give it trouble obviously.

Basically you scramble to pull Charmeleon/Charizard and use the Dbl. Colorless to build energy reserves fast, and just spam Flamethrower / Fire Spin. Generous numbers of Bill/Oak lets you pull faster but if you are really unlucky and they have a wall you'll deplete your deck.
3DS FC: 4296-3150-6028

User Info: abyssonym

abyssonym
4 years ago#4
Here's the deck I use to farm Legend packs off of Jonathan in the fire gym:

Squirtle lv14 x4
Wartortle lv24 x4
Blastoise lv52 x4
Professor Oak x4
Gust of Wind x4
Pluspower x4
Pokemon Trader x4
Bill x4
Bill's Teleporter x4
Water energy & whatever else you want x24

I usually win in 5-6 turns, less if he runs out of pokemon before I can pick up all four prizes.

User Info: socguy

socguy
4 years ago#5
good suggestions..I will report back once I get to putting them to the test (got distracted by other games bleh)
3DS FC: 1134-8049-9417
Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Nostalgic Map Collection: http://bit.ly/tff_maps (please report any new maps found)

User Info: Rare_Candy

Rare_Candy
4 years ago#6
No need to farm boosters, just use the cheats to get the cards you want

https://tcrf.net/Pok%C3%A9mon_Card_GB2#Scenario_Debug_Menu

Do 'get 10 cards' 10 times and you will have 99 of every card.
I use bgb emulator
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Card GB2
  3. Good decks for farming boosters?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A