• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Baseball
  3. Why does everybody hate this game so much?

User Info: Mark86h

Mark86h
12 years ago#1
I like it. Extremely underrated.
Not changing sig until the Seahawks win the Super Bowl

User Info: brideck

brideck
12 years ago#2
I agree. There's a lot you can do with it even though it's so simple, and it has great pick up and play value.

I can't really tell from reading the reviews here why people hate it so much. Everyone just seems to have a negative gut reaction to it. I think a lot of people don't like how slow-paced it is, but it's baseball... what do you expect? People probably have also come to only enjoy sports games if they're hyper-realistic and stat heavy, whereas here the emphasis is on just playing the game.

I have an old Nintendo Power supplement that claims that some of the teams are better than others in this game, so there might actually be some hidden stats. I've never noticed that any teams play particularly different than others, though. I'm working on decompiling the code to see if that's true (figured it would be a simple game to start working on some NES assembly skills with), but haven't come up with anything yet.
"Your are on the way to the Super Bowl!!"
  1. Boards
  2. Baseball
  3. Why does everybody hate this game so much?
  • Topic Archived
More topics from this board...
Texas rangersskellie201613/23/2019

GameFAQs Q&A