• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: T_Tangg

T_Tangg
6 years ago#1
Can't wait to play this. Imported a bundle with VP1 & 2 included with box and manual for $56.00.

So who else sti plays this game? Or likes it?
NNID: T_Tang PSN: T_Tang GT: Retr016bit
Vita: AsKsQsJsTs 3DS: 0387-9826-5126

T_Tangg
6 years ago#2
Just came in the mail today. Pretty fun stuff. I haven't unlocked any extra characters yet. Time to enjoy and start on that.

Can anyone reccomend me any YouTube videos of this era of wrestling. Any channels would be really appreciated.

User Info: RobertWagner

RobertWagner
6 years ago#3
I've played VPW 1 a lot, but haven't found 2 anywhere yet... I may have to order it myself.
I tried to troll Sailor Bacon for laughs once.
I got warned, he now runs the the website. Lesson learned?

T_Tangg
6 years ago#4
You really should. You can order it on eBay or Amazon from a japanese seller for around $30.00 bucks. They are usually on point with the shipping and it comes pretty fast.

I got my copy within 1.5 weeks when it said it would take a month.

So yeah go on and order this gem. Any wrestling and AKI fan needs this. I was like you and never really thought about ordering this import game and just stuck with the American games.

Glad I finally decided to just order it before it gets expensive and even more rare like many n64 games lately.

Don't take the hance and miss out.

User Info: JoeMoeFoe

JoeMoeFoe
6 years ago#5
Hey TC, can you play it on a U.S. n64? Or did you import or mod your 64?
http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2ynrjY46X1qlx45xo1_400.gif

T_Tangg
6 years ago#6
Yes, you can play on a U.S. N64 like me. You don't need to mod or have a convertor for the cart.

You do need a special screw driver to switch the back plates of the Japanese cart with a U.S. cart.

It's so easy. You can look it up on youtube to see how easy it was to do. It's basically two screws in the back of the cart. Switch the back plates and then you are all set. The japanese cart now fits in the American n64.

I bought these screw drivers from amazon. Only 11 bucks and it comes with a SEGA and Nintendo screw driver. Great for cleaning carts etc.

http://www.amazon.com/Silverhill-Tools-ATKNND-Security-Screwdriver/dp/B00BEZY2I6/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1414434232&sr=8-3&keywords=nintendo+screwdriver

I'll be glad to help if you have any questions. My friend just ordered this and the game also.

User Info: MBXfilms

MBXfilms
6 years ago#7
My friend and I just used a Gameshark back in the day to play this game.
http://www.youtube.com/mbxfilms

User Info: thefirstgamer

thefirstgamer
6 years ago#8
Jeez, I forgot how good the AI in this game can get. I decided to see if my CAW making got any better, so I made a false Hogan CAW using a composite of his moves from Revenge, logical replacements for repeated moves, and studied (can't believe I used that word in this context) the fluctuations of his spirit meter to come up with accurate parameters. Anywho, his AI is the part that I had to do a lot of guesswork on, so I decided to see how he behaves against my WM2000 Stone Cold CAW (who is a move-for-move, total copy of Stone Cold from said game). The first match, which I wish I had recorded, was an excellent WWF/E style match that lasted 12 minutes with Stone Cold coming out victorious. I ironed out a few kinks, and replayed the match, and they went at it for 29 minutes, in the most back and forth CPU match I've ever seen. I got all of it on FRAPS too...literally dozens of legdrops till Hogan came out the victor. I wonder if Youtube allows for uploads of such length.

T_Tangg
6 years ago#9
Gameahark can get a bit expensive while the screw driver is pretty cheap imo. I also don't want to use third party device for long periods of time. But that's just me and whatever works is fine as long as you get to play this great gem.

That's pretty cool thefirstgamer. Youtube does allow long video uploads these days so I wouldn't mind watching a couple of your matches. Just let us know when you upload some.

So far I've been playing this game every day since I got it. I haven't been playing anything else. It got me really into Puro wrestling to the point that I think I might have a "small" problem. I'm hooked I can't even lie. I must of put over 100 hours so far in these last two weeks I bet. Editing and unlocking stuff is so fun and rewarding.

Anyways who else is playing this game? If you don't own it yet just go ahead and buy a real copy now. A must have for wrestling fans.

Edit: thefirstgamer, please upload a video of your stone cold edit with all the moves and appearance if you get a chance. Would love to use it.

User Info: levdeedit

levdeedit
6 years ago#10
I used to play this game all the time years ago with my brother, who introduced me to it as a big puro fan. I just started playing again last week on an emulator and I'm completely hooked. I'm slowly translating and editing the roster. I was playing No Mercy a lot before that, but this game just feels better - more depth, and smoother. As for videos from this era, I would start by just searching on youtube for some of the big names from AJPW (first few groups of wrestlers), like Misawa, Kawada, Kobashi, Hansen, etc. Anything from the early to mid 90s should be classic. To start, check out this match: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ztnhHbL20U. I think it's considered the beginning of "King's Road" style in AJPW, when the torch was passed to Misawa.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A