It's Not Ani-You, It's Anime Topic #6

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Lightforce
  3. It's Not Ani-You, It's Anime Topic #6

User Info: Koopa-Dude94

Koopa-Dude94
1 year ago#311
I detest Ed, Edd, and Eddy.

Darn, I guess me and Lightning can't be friends anymore :/ we had a good run.

I've actually watched a few episodes of EEnE with friends recently. It still holds up, in my opinion.

There was a brief period where I was really into Total Drama Island. I watched the first two seasons. I hear it got pretty bad after that. That's a show I feel like wouldn't hold up in retrospect. I bet the theme song is still great, though.

I've heard amazing things about Mystery, Incorporated. Scooby Doo was my jam as a kid. If I ever decide to get back into it, that's the one I'll watch.

Never got into Foster's Home. The general consensus my friends have given me boils down to "Absolutely amazing show that was completely ruined by Bloo." I recall Bloo as being mischievous in the pilot, and then rapidly flanderized into a huge a****** in the actual series. That's all secondhand knowledge, though. I've barely ever seen the show myself.

I used to watch and love Steven Universe. One particular plot point (or rather, the lack of addressing it) made me particularly frustrated, and I eventually gave up and stopped watching. I've heard the show's quality has tanked significantly recently. Which is a shame, because in the early seasons I referred to it as one of the greatest kids shows ever made.

I hear Adventure Time only got better as it went on. Maybe I should watch that at some point.
ha ha ha theo clown did walk
oh how he wished for a simpler gate

User Info: JPKilla

JPKilla
1 year ago#312
#98 - Girls und Panzer - https://myanimelist.net/anime/14131/Girls_und_Panzer

If you're looking for a textbook definition of a moe show, Girls und Panzer is about as close as you can get. It features a huge cast of girls hand-crafted for the purpose of being cute, wrapped up in a premise that gives them something interesting to do - in this case, tank battles. Early in the series, I was hanging in mostly because I fell into the typical moe trap - the law of large numbers created exactly one character that really appealed to me and I wanted to see more of her. I will say, though, that the actual tank battle portion of the show got a lot more interesting as the series carried on, with the final battle actually being really intense and enjoyable to watch.
There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.

User Info: RetroYoshi4191

RetroYoshi4191
1 year ago#313
Koopa-Dude94 posted...
There was a brief period where I was really into Total Drama Island. I watched the first two seasons. I hear it got pretty bad after that.

Having watched the two after that, I can affirm. Yes. It did get really bad.

Actually, the first season is probably the only one that would be any good at a retrospective glance. It's a spoof of Survivor and reality TV shows of that nature, and works really well as one. But in future seasons, I think it tries to branch off into its own thing, and... it doesn't work.

Never got into Foster's Home. The general consensus my friends have given me boils down to "Absolutely amazing show that was completely ruined by Bloo." I recall Bloo as being mischievous in the pilot, and then rapidly flanderized into a huge a****** in the actual series. That's all secondhand knowledge, though. I've barely ever seen the show myself.

I have not seen it since I was a yung man, so I couldn't tell you how accurate that synopsis is.

I hear Adventure Time only got better as it went on. Maybe I should watch that at some point.

I didn't like it then, and I don't like it now, so... *shrug*
It's mine, it's all mine

JPKilla
1 year ago#314
#97 - Koi Kaze - https://myanimelist.net/anime/634/Koi_Kaze

I should preface this by saying that I really like it when fiction makes me feel uncomfortable. Koi Kaze was very quick to make me feel extremely uncomfortable, starting with just its premise. While the synopsis claims that they are a 27-year-old man and a 15-year-old high school girl, they really look more like a huge 30-something man and a tiny 12-year-old girl. They are siblings, and the whole series is about their developing romantic relationship. Despite the pretty horrifying situation, it was all handled pretty maturely, so there was a bit more substance than just the discomfort.

JPKilla
1 year ago#315
#96 - Katanagatari - https://myanimelist.net/anime/6594/Katanagatari

Literally meaning "Sword Story", the title pretty clearly explains what you're getting. Every episode starts with a lot of politics and exposition, and they typically end in a pretty well-done fight scene featuring the unarmed main character against people with progressively looser definitions of the word "sword". The overarching story was kind of bland, and it would be understandable to find the politicking boring, even if only because there's so much of it. I, however, tend to like shows where nothing substantial beyond talking happens, so that element clicked with me.

JPKilla
1 year ago#316
#95 - Engaged to the Unidentified - https://myanimelist.net/anime/20541/Mikakunin_de_Shinkoukei

Almost remarkable in its lack of focus, this lies somewhere between a comedic slice of life and a dramatic romance story. An episode can go from lewd shenanigans to dark supernatural secrets to a dancing loli pretty quickly. In line with that, I feel like the core story the whole premise was built around wound up falling flat. Still, its main strength was a charming cast that made pretty much every scene enjoyable, regardless of what it was doing.

User Info: Jodi11

Jodi11
1 year ago#317
JPKilla posted...

I couldn't get past Episode 4. I wanted more fightan and they didn't give me more fightan >:(
/(][)>~/|Cubed{[+]}Spheres|\~(][)\
Not changing this sig.

JPKilla
1 year ago#318
Jodi11 posted...
JPKilla posted...

I couldn't get past Episode 4. I wanted more fightan and they didn't give me more fightan >:(

Yeah, Katanagatari is extremely talk-heavy.

JPKilla
1 year ago#319
#94 - Cowboy Bebop - https://myanimelist.net/anime/1/Cowboy_Bebop

I know what you're thinking. "Why is this so low on your list? Cowboy Bebop is a classic!" It is, I would say, the defining title in a very specific genre - I don't know a word for it, but shows like Ghost in the Shell, Trigun, and Samurai Champloo - mostly-serious, mature tones that bounce between episodic stories and episodes that contribute to a single running storyline. No show in this genre has ever really clicked with me, but I really respect Cowboy Bebop's atmosphere - the music, the attitude of the characters, the style of the setting, and so on.

JPKilla
1 year ago#320
#93 - Princess Tutu - https://myanimelist.net/anime/721/Princess_Tutu

I've been a little removed from Princess Tutu since watching it, so I don't remember most of it very well, but I think it's easy enough to sum up. One thing we all learn as we get older is that the old fairy tales our childhood Disney movies are based on are actually really dark. The same is true for ballet. Princess Tutu really digs into the original stories of various ballets, and so it tends to live in a pretty dark place. The overall story got progressively stranger, but it was really more about the individual stories.
  1. Boards
  2. Lightforce
  3. It's Not Ani-You, It's Anime Topic #6

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived
More topics from this board...
Happy 11th of April!!Jodi1112410/14 10:47PM