• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Hellhole
  3. The Persona 2 GameFaqs guide was updated today (9 years later) because...

User Info: STEROLIZER

STEROLIZER
9 months ago#1
...the author is convinced the game is the evil, and people should be warned to stay away.

O_O

This type of thing should be against TOS right? An author coming back 9 years later to vandalize his own guide?

The Guide: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/psp/611279-shin-megami-tensei-persona-2-innocent-sin/faqs/63171?page=8
---./|,-``\(o)_\,----,,,_........................Love is like a bottle of gin
---( `\(o),,_/` : o : : :o `-,..............But a bottle of gin is not like love.

User Info: Lord_Wombat

Lord_Wombat
9 months ago#2
Why would it be, it's their guide, GFaqs just hosts it.

Besides, who cares? Is Persona 2 going to get a big revival where everyone will flock to that guide?
This site is like one big PnPRPG. Sometimes it's fun to be the good guy, sometimes it's fun to be the bad guy.
Don't be offended if I'm surly, I just hate you.

User Info: suchiuomizu

suchiuomizu
9 months ago#3
I've never written a FAQ, but aren't all update to FAQs required to be approved by the admin, like the original versions? That would suggest its not, especially with his thoughts easy to see at the beginning.

User Info: Error1355

Error1355
9 months ago#4
Message board ToU isn't enforced on FAQs, as the FAQ isn't a message posted on the message boards.

Also the message, while bat-s*** insane, isn't really vulgar or wild. The site admins had to approve it for the update to get posted anyway (IIRC, I haven't submitted a guide in a LONG-ASS time), and if you read the beginning of that message combined with this from earlier in the guide:

*: See full comments at end. I submitted this FAQ under the FAQ Bounty program years ago and can't remove it myself. If you're a moderator who can remove this guide and understands my frustration, I would greatly appreciate a removal or a petition to remove this guide. Besides all I mention, this game is ridiculously easy and there are probably plenty of guides by now. No one will miss it.

It seems like it was a compromise to allow the author to make his current (bat-s*** insane) view on the game since he's not legally allowed to pull it off the site due to whatever that FAQ Bounty program contract was.
Welcome home, shed your skin and expose your bones.
Take my hand, follow us into the black so far that we can't get back.

User Info: zinformant

zinformant
9 months ago#5
It is unwise to take the addendum seriously.
I wish I had known about the curse on this game and the many others like it. Where were all the hundreds of millions of Christians while I was playing these games? They must be a bunch of fakes because I never heard a single warning! Well, consider yourself informed. And if you don't believe the warning, then believe because of the consequences. There really is a curse for disobedience. I pray more people will wake up to the reality of the evil in this world and stop supporting it.

There is a low probability that this is genuine.
Is it naive to dream of a world without war?

User Info: Error1355

Error1355
9 months ago#6
Welp, this answers that.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/400-current-events/78684202/939088973

SBAllen posted...
I mean, the guy hasn't contacted us and asked for the guide to be removed. We even have a form for it. I'm not gonna lose any sleep removing a guide for a game that old, even if we paid for it.

Edit: Removed it. Life can go on now?
Welcome home, shed your skin and expose your bones.
Take my hand, follow us into the black so far that we can't get back.

STEROLIZER
9 months ago#7
Error1355 posted...
Welp, this answers that.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/400-current-events/78684202/939088973

Shoudl have stayed up as it was good viral marketing for GameFaqs. I found out about it via a Reddit post that had a thousand upvotes...that linked to a Tweet that had 800 likes.
---( `\(o),,_/` : o : : :o `-,..............But a bottle of gin is not like love.

User Info: ClunkerSlim

ClunkerSlim
9 months ago#8
STEROLIZER posted...
Shoudl have stayed up as it was good viral marketing for GameFaqs. I found out about it via a Reddit post that had a thousand upvotes...that linked to a Tweet that had 800 likes.
No. GameFAQs needs to prove it’s willing to work with contributors. People will get shy about submitting if they feel like they’re entering into a death pact. SBAllen made the right call here.
https://twitter.com/ClunkerSlim

User Info: Thunderbird8

Thunderbird8
9 months ago#9
ClunkerSlim posted...
No. GameFAQs needs to prove it’s willing to work with contributors. People will get shy about submitting if they feel like they’re entering into a death pact. SBAllen made the right call here.
The only reasons a guide can't be removed are if the site paid for it (though looking at the CE topic linked, SBAllen doesn't really care about FAQs under the older, cheaper FAQ bounty program). You have to take an extra step for that. I had an older guide removed quite some time ago as there was a better guide up for the same game at the time (that wasn't up when I originally started mine), and I had no motivation to work on mine from the same game.

I imagine the guide author here never thought to request its removal because it had been awarded a bounty.

STEROLIZER
9 months ago#10
This definently has to be a "footnote" in craziest s*** to ever happen on GameFaqs - at least top 10eh?
  1. Boards
  2. Hellhole
  3. The Persona 2 GameFaqs guide was updated today (9 years later) because...
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A

How do I get past level 2? Main Quest1 Answer