• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Air Combat
  3. Why this game is one of the most unique AC entries

User Info: Moonlit_0222

Moonlit_0222
8 years ago#1
- Recruitable wingman
- Many wingman of varying skill levels and aircraft
- Wingmen can die in battle and be lost to the player
- Costs to repair aircraft
- Costs to hire wingman
- Give wingman commands before the mission starts
- Uniform paint for all aircraft
- Stealth did right; outside of sidewinder range = invisibile to instruments
- Offensive stat, which determines damage delt by normal missiles
- Aircraft can only be purchased once, and is lost if destroyed in a mission

I would love to see a remake of this game for a console or see some of these features brought back. Wingmen can follow me or do their own stuff in a different area of the map? Yes, please..

User Info: 941Blaze

941Blaze
8 years ago#2
WOW! That sounds absolutely amazing!!! I have to get this game now! Where did you get yours?
The Game Boy Advance is the greatest system ever

Moonlit_0222
8 years ago#3
Bought mine at K-Mart when the PSX was still popular, so I doubt you'd be able to get it at the same place. Your best bet would be ebay.

Apart from the features I mentioned, the game is fairly primitive if you're used to the new ACs. No radar for third-person view, missiles don't appear on radar, you can't use the joystick, no replays, and no camera movement. Which is why a remake would be so damn awesome.

941Blaze
8 years ago#4
I just ordered if off Amazon for $5, it should be coming in the next few days. How does it feel to fly without the analog sticks?

Moonlit_0222
8 years ago#5
Terrible. Manoeuvring a lot will make your thumbs sore after long periods and the flying won't be as smooth. It's probably the number 1 reason why I don't play this game as much as the others.

Anyway, congratulations on getting the game. You'll find the flight physics to be more realistic in this one, when compared to the likes of Ace Combat 5. Funny how a series gets dumber and dumber over time.

941Blaze
8 years ago#6
It's all about going mainstream and trying to get the most cash. I mean look at AC: Assault Horizon
  1. Boards
  2. Air Combat
  3. Why this game is one of the most unique AC entries
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A

Change difficulty? Main Quest1 Answer