• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Warflame
  3. Nintendo direct 17th February

User Info: lenmutt

lenmutt
1 month ago#211
btw i been "playing" Triangle Strategy like having FF tactics with full voice acting but i keep getting busy doing stuff before i can even do gameplay but the voice work is very nice and compelling ^_^

lenmutt
1 month ago#212
okay played a level feels like a good FF tactics style game.

I liked a few mechanics unsure if they are from past FFT style games as i only ever played FFTA which i adored

but like if you attack enemy who is directly adjacent to an ally they will auto gang up on the foe

lenmutt
1 month ago#213
https://youtu.be/XeDBCgDSiB4?t=1771
(edited 1 month ago)

lenmutt
1 month ago#214
Pyra = Power
Mythra = Speed

no rex because even Ice Climbers were tough due to 8player smash as we saw with their absence when smash was on a lesser handheld console

Pyra/Mythra have lot of same same animations compared to Melee' Sheik/Zelda but they have very different gameplans

love those alt colours and yes the swap would be alil confusing

Pyra
neutral Flame Nova
Mythra
neutral Lighting buster
Pyra
Side Blazing End
Mythra
Side Photon Edge
Pyrah
up Prominence Revolt
Mythra
up Ray of Punishment and Chroma Dust

and dnw is swap so fast and brief invincibility frames

Pyra FS is Burning Sword good for KOs, Mythra's FS is Sacred Arrow better for damage.

"both have their advantages, so it's hard to say who is stronger"

"Prya the KO queen is the one i like better."

Kirby hats as always adorbz

All Kirby's copy abilities are stronger than the original move?

there's monhun, Arthur, oh that it hahah.

these two seem pretty dope actually

User Info: Traptin3days

Traptin3days
1 month ago#215
lenmutt posted...
no rex because even Ice Climbers were tough due to 8player smash as we saw with their absence when smash was on a lesser handheld console
this was exactly what i was saying through all smash speculation since day 1 tbh
After all is said and done, we all end up as skeletons
Tales unending, rules a-bending, journey just begun

lenmutt
1 month ago#216
Traptin3days posted...
this was exactly what i was saying through all smash speculation since day 1 tbh
yeah and the fact that XB characters are waaaay more detailed in design compared to the adorably simplistic Ice Climbers also didn't help

good call Trapp'n! actually did think about that when Rex/Pyra talks happened, you saying how you felt it wouldn't really work.

User Info: SpunkySix

SpunkySix
1 month ago#217
Could they not just make them not playable in 8 player Smash?

Most people don't even touch that mode 99% of the time, and it seems really weird to use something so minor as justification to completely skip over the game's primary hero and add yet another Xenoblade character who works entirely independently when the series that they're from is so heavily focused on party synergy in battles both mechanically and thematically.

I mean this is kind of like if Shulk was a Mii outfit and then they made Seven playable instead. And don't get me wrong, a XB2 character is a XB2 character and it seems like they represented them well in terms of them being shown on their own, but it's still kind of odd.
Meh-meh, gamerpon me try to find PS5 but is impossible. Friends help?
(edited 1 month ago)

Traptin3days
1 month ago#218
lenmutt posted...
yeah and the fact that XB characters are waaaay more detailed in design compared to the adorably simplistic Ice Climbers also didn't help

good call Trapp'n! actually did think about that when Rex/Pyra talks happened, you saying how you felt it wouldn't really work.
B)

SpunkySix posted...
Could they not just make them not playable in 8 player Smash?

Most people don't even touch that mode 99% of the time, and it seems really weird to use something so minor as justification to completely skip over the game's primary hero and add yet another Xenoblade character who works entirely independently when the series that they're from is so heavily focused on party synergy in battles both mechanically and thematically.

I mean this is kind of like if Shulk was a Mii outfit and then they made Seven playable instead. And don't get me wrong, a XB2 character is a XB2 character and it seems like they represented them well in terms of them being shown on their own, but it's still kind of odd.
Theres also that the moveset would be incredibly bloated if they wanted to be faithful to the game imo. I do not see how that gameplay would be smooth

Unrelated: I am happy that Rex is not playable. He is an awful character with an awful English VA.
what do you mean with "yet another Xenoblade character who works entirely independently when the series that they're from is so heavily focused on party synergy in battles both mechanically and thematically"? Are you suggesting that Shulk should instead have been a trio of characters?

lenmutt
1 month ago#219
Traptin3days posted...
Are you suggesting that Shulk should instead have been a trio of characters?
obviously x3

Riki
Dunban
Reyn

should have been the character

Traptin3days
1 month ago#220
I am still irritated that Reyn isn't an Assist Trophy. Dude told Shulk at the start of the adventure that he'd follow Shulk wherever Shulk goes. So would have been a really nice reference to have him as an AT tbh
  1. Boards
  2. Warflame
  3. Nintendo direct 17th February
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A

How good is this game? General4 Answers