• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Warflame
  3. Godzilla vs. Kong.

User Info: scrappybristol

scrappybristol
2 months ago#1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBS6vaNFcx4

one is grumpy, one won't back down, wackiness ensues.

pause at 0:04 and you can clearly tell its a MechaG situation here.
(edited 2 months ago)

User Info: lenmutt

lenmutt
2 months ago#2
Godzilla after saving the world twice is now the antagonist and trailer is trying to hype up Kong by having Big G land zero hits and get smacked around by Kong three times including getting his atomic breath getting stuffed by a monkey with a stick. the disrespect....

Kong even gets to beat up two other kaiju in the trailer

scrappybristol
2 months ago#3
lenmutt posted...
Godzilla after saving the world twice is now the antagonist and trailer is trying to hype up Kong by having Big G land zero hits and get smacked around by Kong three times including getting his atomic breath getting stuffed by a monkey with a stick. the disrespect....

things are not as they appear.

User Info: SpunkySix

SpunkySix
2 months ago#4
I still don't get this matchup.

Okay, they're both big monsters but like... that's where the crossover ends conceptually. King Kong isn't even a kaiju thing, it's a human drama with a big monkey in it.

And it's already forced on top of that because Godzilla s***s on Kong without even trying unless they majorly stack the odds against her.
...but we cannot be reckless!
(edited 2 months ago)

scrappybristol
2 months ago#5
SpunkySix posted...
I still don't get this matchup.

Old school fight brought to modern day.

This was the plan since Godzilla 2014.

SpunkySix posted...
And it's already forced on top of that because Godzilla s***s on Kong without even trying unless they majorly stack the odds against her.

this godzilla is a dude, 100%. confirmed by the writers and directors of king of the monters

scrappybristol
2 months ago#6
letthemfight.gif

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/a/user_image/0/6/0/AAPUbJAABZ28.jpg

User Info: SpunkySix

SpunkySix
2 months ago#7
scrappybristol posted...
this godzilla is a dude, 100%

Yeah I know, that's super dumb.

This was the plan since Godzilla 2014.

I realize that but again, to me at least it's not interesting even on paper outside of the most superficial 'big roar things punch each other' spectacle.

Civil War meant something emotionally. Batman vs Superman was a dumb movie but the fight is/was rooted at least theoretically in ideals that matter. Alien vs Predator took the lore of both in a potentially cool direction.

Godzilla vs Kong is about a big lizard and a big monkey that are gonna beat each other up because.
...but we cannot be reckless!

scrappybristol
2 months ago#8
SpunkySix posted...
Godzilla vs Kong is about a big lizard and a big monkey that are gonna beat each other up because.

i meeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaan... do you not want to see that?

User Info: lenmutt

lenmutt
2 months ago#9
SpunkySix posted...
reminder that the reason zilla's movie sucked mostly due to Roland Emmerich tossing out the origional script since the end had two monster fighting and i quote Emmerich "I simply don't like that" one wonders why you would sign onto a Godzilla movie

anyways but since both are now billed as good guys like most versus crossover flicks they will have a baby fight early on big fight near the end and then true villain will be reveal and both will team up.

the other 89% of the film will be boilerplate human family drama that has some kinda tie thematically to big monster punching each other

i personally have been pretty lukewarm over Legendary Goji movies first one was pretty good even with it's burlesque approach to kaiju battles, guess that makes king of monsters like a strip club? and the human drama in it was like an annoying dj who won't shut the f*** up and just keeps dampening the experience

so hoping GvK is a private lap dance.

oh and Kong Island was pretty good if i wasn't such a Godzilla mark probs might like it more than king of monsters actually

shame for both Legendary Goji films that Shin Godzilla came out in between then and kicks to good good damn s*** out of them~

scrappybristol
2 months ago#10
lenmutt posted...
oh and Kong Island was pretty good if i wasn't such a Godzilla mark probs might like it more than king of monsters actually

KOTM = Skull Island >> 2014

1. Boards
  2. Warflame
  3. Godzilla vs. Kong.
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A

How good is this game? General4 Answers