• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Warflame
  3. Cave Story broke me

User Info: ellis123

ellis123
2 months ago#11
discodancer77 posted...
basically giving birth to the first indie game.
While the game is quite influential it is a good few decades off of that. Probably the most well known early indie game was Rogue, the game that the genre "rogue-like" is named after, but the earliest one that comes to mind is Maze War, which is the game that the one maze screensaver is modeled after and is so old that it's a bloody pain to actually find anything online about it (and that's in spite of it being shareware).

But yeah, Cave Story is a blast. Definitely well ahead of the curve for indie games from that time period.
"A shouted order to do something of dubious morality with an unpredictable outcome? Thweeet!"
My FC is in my profile.

User Info: discodancer77

discodancer77
2 months ago#12
Such a well-balanced, satisfying amount of difficulty. There was no boss or section that took more than a few tries to beat. But this endgame is like an iron wall
Patient Gamer

User Info: SpunkySix

SpunkySix
2 months ago#13
lenmutt posted...
i have only heard amazing things about this one.

Same, I really need to play it
I'm SpunkySix, and I'm fine.

User Info: Lexifox

Lexifox
2 months ago#14
lenmutt posted...
i have only heard amazing things about this one.

SpunkySix posted...
Same, I really need to play it

Everything about the game was amazing as long as you accept the endgame getting fairly difficult, particularly the secret final special blood-stained hell dungeon.

Also the key things you need to do in order to get the super special secret ending are obtuse as hell and you need a guide to get them because seriously why would you leave one of your most important allies to fall to his death on purpose.
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod

User Info: SpunkySix

SpunkySix
2 months ago#15
SmallerRidley posted...
Now I'm itching to play IWBTG again...

I keep going to restart it because I got to Wily before the file got corrupted but every time I think of redoing Dracula and Mother Brain to get back to where I was I want to die.
...but we cannot be reckless!

User Info: Zeloetta

Zeloetta
2 months ago#16
Whoa @discodancer77 I haven't seen you in a while! What's up?
Formerly known as Mistress_Zelda_
https://imgur.com/mwRRgOv.jpg

discodancer77
2 months ago#17
Zeloetta posted...
Whoa @discodancer77 I haven't seen you in a while! What's up?

^_^
school life work etc. trying to play some games when I can! Hope you Warlamers are all doing well!
Patient Gamer

User Info: Zeloetta

Zeloetta
2 months ago#18
discodancer77 posted...
^_^
school life work etc. trying to play some games when I can! Hope you Warlamers are all doing well!
What do you do now?
Formerly known as Mistress_Zelda_
https://imgur.com/mwRRgOv.jpg

discodancer77
2 months ago#19
Zeloetta posted...
What do you do now?

finishing my degree via zoom, and also tutoring insurance law over zoom for people writing government challenge exams, which is decent experience for what I want to end up doing, which is being a high school teacher!

Oh, and getting my ass beat by Cave Story. I Trust you’ve all been well! What games have you all been playing?
Patient Gamer
  1. Boards
  2. Warflame
  3. Cave Story broke me
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A

How good is this game? General4 Answers