• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Warflame
  3. I'm not really sure why people like Rare's Donkey Kong Country games.

User Info: SpunkySix

SpunkySix
2 months ago#71
Personally I was going by Mario world monkeys aging at the same rate as people but now I'm probably giving this more thought than the topic can support so maybe let's move on, my bad.

Actually @lenmutt 's bad since they did this to me on purpose, but still.
I'm SpunkySix, and I'm fine.

User Info: lenmutt

lenmutt
2 months ago#72
SpunkySix posted...
Actually @lenmutt 's bad since they did this to me on purpose, but still.
did what?
https://i.imgur.com/8EI8Tk8.gifv

SpunkySix
2 months ago#73
pls no

User Info: l33t_iRk3n_Rm33

l33t_iRk3n_Rm33
2 months ago#74
ShinyMasamuneZ posted...
Kiddy as character was meh, but I like the mechanic of having he and Dixie play differently. Diddy was basically just a nerfed Dixie, but having Kiddy have a different set of abilities really rewards the player for keeping both Kongs alive.
I used to see Diddy as just a nerfed Dixie when I played it as a kid, but he does move a lot faster than she does across the board, which can make the game a lot more fun to play.
Supporting Ashley for Smash til the day I die. Or the day she's added. So yeah, the day I die.
http://i.imgur.com/QiEb7.jpg

SpunkySix
2 months ago#75
l33t_iRk3n_Rm33 posted...
I used to see Diddy as just a nerfed Dixie when I played it as a kid, but he does move a lot faster than she does across the board, which can make the game a lot more fun to play.

I think the "problem" is that for most people (myself included honestly) just surviving the level is the goal and not maximizing efficiency with speed, so while moving faster is generally fun, having that double jump with Dixie is just so invaluable for not dying that the lack of it in Diddy comes across as making him inherently less useful.

User Info: l33t_iRk3n_Rm33

l33t_iRk3n_Rm33
2 months ago#76
Diddy can get more distance by jumping out of a somersault off of a ledge iirc. Whenever a part of the level requires me to do that, I always switch to Diddy.
Supporting Ashley for Smash til the day I die. Or the day she's added. So yeah, the day I die.
http://i.imgur.com/QiEb7.jpg

User Info: Traptin3days

Traptin3days
2 months ago#77
I usually play as Dixie during my first playthroughs of a level and as Diddy when I have mastered it and just like the feel of rushing. It is a nice feel
After all is said and done, we all end up as skeletons
Tales unending, rules a-bending, journey just begun
  1. Boards
  2. Warflame
  3. I'm not really sure why people like Rare's Donkey Kong Country games.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A

How good is this game? General4 Answers