• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Warflame
  3. I'm not really sure why people like Rare's Donkey Kong Country games.

User Info: Zeloetta

Zeloetta
3 months ago#11
ReachMorrowind posted...
I guess, but so is Tropical Freeze imo
Yes Tropical Freeze is great. I love it. But man, DKC2 was so ahead of its time.
Formerly known as Mistress_Zelda_
https://imgur.com/mwRRgOv.jpg

User Info: Lexifox

Lexifox
3 months ago#12
ReachMorrowind posted...
I guess what I'm asking is... Why are they considered superior to Tropical Freeze?

what makes TF better
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod

User Info: ReachMorrowind

ReachMorrowind
3 months ago#13
Lexifox posted...
what makes TF better
Levels are way more alive, creative, varied, and have a lot more innovative mechanics around it.

The background constantly changes too, and the background is a literal level design element, not just aesthetics.

....and they basically outright tell a poetic story as you progress?

Controls and movement are better too, a lot more focused on dynamic momentum.
BJ Sikowitz

ReachMorrowind
3 months ago#14
Lexifox posted...
what makes TF better
Show me a DKC 1, 2, or 3 level as cool and lively and has as much of a poetic alive feel as this level;
https://youtu.be/T0QGhDsi9-E
BJ Sikowitz

Lexifox
3 months ago#15
Your arguments seem to boil down to "the game from like 20 years ago isn't as pretty as this new that came out recently", except for

ReachMorrowind posted...
Controls and movement are better too, a lot more focused on dynamic momentum.

This isn't "better". This is just "different" and your preference.
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod

ReachMorrowind
3 months ago#16
Lexifox posted...
Your arguments seem to boil down to "the game from like 20 years ago isn't as pretty as this new that came out recently", except for

This isn't "better". This is just "different" and your preference.
I literally said the levels are more creative and mechanically impressive and offer more variety and innovations.

How is that mean "lol it's only better because it's prettier" how bad is your reading comprehension?

Anyway I can easily just say you're blinded by nostalgia and get the same impact here.
BJ Sikowitz

Lexifox
3 months ago#17
ReachMorrowind posted...
I literally said the levels are more creative and mechanically impressive and offer more variety and innovations.

Levels are way more alive, creative, varied, and have a lot more innovative mechanics around it.

3/4 of your first reason is "pretty".

The background constantly changes too, and the background is a literal level design element, not just aesthetics.

Again, you're arguing "pretty" but then you start to say it weaves it together with the mechanics a bit more.

....and they basically outright tell a poetic story as you progress?

And then we kind of go back to pretty again.

Your argument is boiling down to

A. P R E T T Y

B. The background is more alive (pretty) and weaves into the mechanics a bit more

C. Controls that you prefer

D. "Innovation" that you refuse to elaborate on

ReachMorrowind posted...
Anyway I can easily just say you're blinded by nostalgia and get the same impact here.

No, because "lol nostalgia" is just a stupid whiny buzzword that people throw out when they compare an older thing to a new one and someone doesn't agree.

User Info: willingmess

willingmess
3 months ago#18
I dunno how creative or varied can just be boiled down to “pretty”

A more creative level I would assume refers to the ways established mechanics are used, and varied can refer to the mix and amount of level mechanics
Why so bananas about it?

Lexifox
3 months ago#19
willingmess posted...
I dunno how creative or varied can just be boiled down to “pretty”

A more creative level I would assume refers to the ways established mechanics are used, and varied can refer to the mix and amount of level mechanics

maybe examples would help js

User Info: willingmess

willingmess
3 months ago#20
Lexifox posted...
maybe examples would help js
True. I dunno enough about the game to really argue. I never got into the new Country games either. I just wanted to chime in on that point.
Why so bananas about it?
  1. Boards
  2. Warflame
  3. I'm not really sure why people like Rare's Donkey Kong Country games.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A

How good is this game? General4 Answers