• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Warflame
  3. I think I know why the Incredible Hulk movie is one of the worst in the MCU

User Info: willingmess

willingmess
2 months ago#1
It’s dreary and terrifying. Seriously, it’s not a happy story. Bruce is not someone you want to be whatsoever. He is beholden to the whims of a terrifying power that destroys his sense of self and paints a giant target on his back. He can barely do good. The good he does is mostly a side effect of self preservation. It’s depressing and the mood isn’t helped by the intense seriousness the situation is portrayed with. Jokes are few and far between and usually tainted with bitterness.

And let me just say, when this movie released, 12-14 year old me was absolutely terrified just by the commercials. The Abomination is a horrifying concept. A man driven mad by a lust for power and addiction to drugs ends up horribly deformed and in a state of what one can only assume is pain and beastly rage. It’s not just me right? That’s a really heavy subject for any movie, let alone a superhero movie. It scared me to the point I could barely stand watching the Hulk transform in the Avengers. Over time I’ve gotten over it, but the Incredible Hulk movie is still really squicky, and I really can’t get through it in one sitting.

But yeah, what do y’all think? Am I wrong? Is the Incredible Hulk your favorite movie for precisely those reasons (or maybe some other ones)? Or do you agree that it’s really bad? Maybe you’re somewhere in the middle?
Why so bananas about it?

User Info: lenmutt

lenmutt
2 months ago#2
i got two chuckles out of it and was otherwise very bored with it as I said in another topic heard someone refer to the movie as "relentlessly mediocre" spoton

User Info: DekuFireMage

DekuFireMage
2 months ago#3
It's been a like a decade since I watched them, but all I remember is being very bored through it.
I was grinched by the Grinch leak
Date I can remove this sig: April 1st (Irony amirite)

User Info: Sephini

Sephini
2 months ago#4
I wouldn't say it's bad because of those things. I'd say it's because they tried to hard with those things.
R
https://i.imgtc.com/pda8Gu4.png

User Info: Garioshi

Garioshi
2 months ago#5
Probably because it's not an MCU movie. It's got almost nothing to do with the MCU other than the post-credits scene.
"I play with myself" - Darklit_Minuet, 2018

lenmutt
2 months ago#6
Garioshi posted...
Probably because it's not an MCU movie. It's got almost nothing to do with the MCU other than the post-credits scene.

General Ross is in multiple mcu movies and is same actor

lenmutt
2 months ago#7
and admittedly that post credit scene on first viewing was HYPE actually better than entire movie

User Info: Garioshi

Garioshi
2 months ago#8
lenmutt posted...
Garioshi posted...

General Ross is in multiple mcu movies and is same actor

I know, but the movie's production had absolutely nothing to do with the rest of the MCU.
"I play with myself" - Darklit_Minuet, 2018

lenmutt
2 months ago#9
Garioshi posted...
I know, but the movie's production had absolutely nothing to do with the rest of the MCU.

You could say the same for guardians 2 it didn't even have a forced infinity stone mcguffin

User Info: scrappybristol

scrappybristol
2 months ago#10
lenmutt posted...
Garioshi posted...

You could say the same for guardians 2 it didn't even have a forced infinity stone mcguffin

But Guardians 2 is fun and enjoyable and already has that connection cause of the 1st movie not to mention I think Adam will have a part to play in Endgame.
  1. Boards
  2. Warflame
  3. I think I know why the Incredible Hulk movie is one of the worst in the MCU
  • Topic Archived