• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Warflame
  3. Sony is skipping E3 2019

User Info: Chandler014

Chandler014
3 weeks ago#1
https://www.ign.com/articles/2018/11/15/playstation-will-skip-e3-in-2019

After cancelling PSX 2018 a few months ago, Sony has now revealed that they are downright skipping E3 next year. Meaning that of the big three, Nintendo and Microsoft will be the only ones there, in addition to likely EA, Ubisoft, Bethesda, PC Gaming, and maybe s***post- err, Devolver Digital for the smaller companies. Instead, they claim that they wish to "explore new and familiar ways to engage their community in 2019."

.... I have no idea what Sony is doing lately but they're not making themselves look good as of late. Between the mass censorship spree, banning all future VNs from being put on the PS4 (rip Kodaka), cancelling PSX, and now this.... I know the PS4 is still doing well, but this is not giving much hope for its future if they have NOTHING new to show at PSX AND E3.

Well, I guess Nintendo and Microsoft have free tickets to win since MS will probably get some of the third party reveals like they did with DMC5, Jump Force, KH3, and Tales of Vesperia in addition to Battletoads and BC while Nintendo has FE:3H, AC, Bayo 3, Pokemon Gen VIII, and Metroid Prime 4 to possibly throw in. Obviously my bet's on Nintendo, but we'll see.

There is speculation that this is to focus on the PS5, which would come out in 2020, but who knows.
"Game companies always ruin their beloved franchises." ~Knuckles the Echidna

User Info: lenmutt

lenmutt
3 weeks ago#2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXOwNOf2QXY

User Info: Traptin3days

Traptin3days
3 weeks ago#3
Ouch
After all is said and done, we all end up as skeletons
Tales unending, rules a-bending, journey just begun

User Info: scrappybristol

scrappybristol
3 weeks ago#4
Really it's Microsoft's year to win E3 since I doubt Nintendo will have much to show.

Alternatively, Sony could just be doing a "Sony Direct" video package instead of a full press conference.

User Info: Sephirotht

Sephirotht
3 weeks ago#5
That's because the PS5 won't be a separate console anymore.
It will be an addon unit for the Switch to give it greater graphical power.
So AAA will still be a PS5 exclusive, as they won't work on the Switch without the addon.

You know, like the N3DS with Xenoblade.
R

lenmutt
3 weeks ago#6
scrappybristol posted...
Really it's Microsoft's year to win E3 since I doubt Nintendo will have much to show.

Alternatively, Sony could just be doing a "Sony Direct" video package instead of a full press conference.

not that nintendo will have to after Ultimate so yeah
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhvIISDoarU

man takes alil bit of the fun outta it praise Mother that Devolver Digital will still be there.

User Info: Moocow123450

Moocow123450
3 weeks ago#7
scrappybristol posted...

Waiting for Metroid Prime 4 info ;o

But yeah, Nintendo has Animal Crossing and...I guess maybe gen VIII games?
"Moocow change ur sig smh. I can't believe that was five YEARS AGO. Jesus."
-Zorro 2018

User Info: l33t_iRk3n_Rm33

l33t_iRk3n_Rm33
3 weeks ago#8
scrappybristol posted...

Nintendo’s got Smash DLC, Animal Crossing, Metroid Prime 4, Yoshi’s Crafted World, Luigi’s Mansion 3, Town, and Pokémon Gen 8.

They may not show all of those, but they only really need to show something for three or four of those depending on which ones they are.

I don’t see Smash DLC exciting me because every single character I have the slightest positive feeling towards is literally canonically permadead in the Smash universe, but eh, maybe they’ve got Rayman or something. Either way it’s a big deal, and a guarantee.
Supporting Ashley for Smash til the day I die. Or the day she's added. So basically the day I die.
http://i.imgur.com/QiEb7.jpg

User Info: scrappybristol

scrappybristol
3 weeks ago#9
l33t_iRk3n_Rm33 posted...
Nintendo’s got Smash DLC, Animal Crossing, Metroid Prime 4, Yoshi’s Crafted World, Luigi’s Mansion 3, Town, and Pokémon Gen 8.

but nothing is going to beat Smash Ultimate.

Nintendo has peaked.

lenmutt
3 weeks ago#10
Moocow123450 posted...

Waiting for Metroid Prime 4 info ;o

But yeah, Nintendo has Animal Crossing and...I guess maybe gen VIII games?

thing is E3 is more about the WOW factor
MP4 has to be insanely impressive gameplay wise if shown, we know pokemon and AC are coming neither have a WOW punch fans are just happy they exist

lets see if i ran the direct and lets pretend all the thing imma mention exist in some capacity

Cold open with Samus in cutscene that transitions into Prime 4 gameplay
some of that dead handheld's games get it out the way early
Show more Town gameplay
Animal Crossing Switch trailer + developer talking about it
Announce Kid Icarus Uprising sequel
do a couple of those lesser known lil indie esque game announcements
New D.K. Country trailer which shows K.Rool returning as the big bad
Return of Virtual Console starting with 10 Gamecube games
Announce Pikmin 4
Reveal New F-Zero for Switch
Ocarina of Time & Majora's Mask as one game remastered for Switch
Announce free smash costume update along with the next DLC character
End with Bayonetta 3 trailer, gameplay and Kamiya talking about stuff.

would this win for most? maybe not, but still would be pretty hype all things considered maybe even throw in a real curveball like having Ninja Tema, From Software or Platinum name show up as developer before revealing The Mysterious Murasame Castle
  1. Boards
  2. Warflame
  3. Sony is skipping E3 2019
  • Topic Archived