You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Warflame
  3. New game called "DELTARUNE" by Toby Fox

User Info: lenmutt

lenmutt
6 days ago#81
https://i.imgtc.com/hRsUFqC.png
https://66.media.tumblr.com/33af2dcd9dbea0da52e94b2d0baabc3d/tumblr_phwjbfpC6b1tjmkreo1_1280.png

User Info: SpunkySix

SpunkySix
5 days ago#82
So I plan on playing this tonight tbh.
What doth life?

lenmutt
5 days ago#83
SpunkySix posted...
So I plan on playing this tonight tbh.

YaY! ^_^

SpunkySix
4 days ago#84
Wow, that was something else. I just finished Chapter 1, and I gotta say, this is shaping up to be a worthy successor to Undertale. I have so many questions and I'm dying to know what comes next.

I'll post more about it tomorrow, but I am beyond intrigued.
What doth life?

User Info: willingmess

willingmess
4 days ago#85
SpunkySix posted...
Wow, that was something else. I just finished Chapter 1, and I gotta say, this is shaping up to be a worthy successor to Undertale. I have so many questions and I'm dying to know what comes next.

I'll post more about it tomorrow, but I am beyond intrigued.

I know, right?

One of the coolest things for me personally in the original game was after Flowey turned on the player I was constantly thinking everyone else would be evil, which ultimately made the kindness everyone showed that much nicer, which made me lower my guard which played right into the hands of the final flowey fight and made it immensely terrifying.

With the new game, you’ve got a similar tension with Susie. How bad is she? Will she betray everyone in a meaningful way? Only for Kris to be the one we really need to worry about.
Why so bananas about it?

SpunkySix
4 days ago#86
Susie is one of the most interesting characters in either game to me because I fully expected to like her based on her design making me think she'd end up being the second coming of Undyne, only to end up being severely freaked out by her, followed by not liking her at all, and then only near the very end did I begin to warm up to her. Her threatening to bite Kris' face off was actually terrifying to me, more than most stuff in actual horror games. Ultimately, you might say in retrospect that her arc was predictable, but I think this is one case where the development was extremely well-earned.

How thoroughly have the people here discussed the post-adventure town exploration so far? There's a ton of little hidden gems in that part of the game that are very easily missed but hint at a lot that may be coming.
What doth life?
SpunkySix posted...
Susie is one of the most interesting characters in either game to me because I fully expected to like her based on her design making me think she'd end up being the second coming of Undyne, only to end up being severely freaked out by her, followed by not liking her at all, and then only near the very end did I begin to warm up to her. Her threatening to bite Kris' face off was actually terrifying to me, more than most stuff in actual horror games. Ultimately, you might say in retrospect that her arc was predictable, but I think this is one case where the development was extremely well-earned.

How thoroughly have the people here discussed the post-adventure town exploration so far? There's a ton of little hidden gems in that part of the game that are very easily missed but hint at a lot that may be coming.

I feel like that’s not talked about enough, but that’s mainly to avoid spoilers I suppose.

Gerson being dead was a heck of a letdown, though I like how much of a legacy he was able to establish. Great worldbuilding.

I like it when people post clips of streamers encountering Sans, but cutting off before they can finish saying his name. “SA-“
Supporting Ashley for Smash til the day I die. Or the day she's added. So basically the day I die.
http://i.imgur.com/QiEb7.jpg
(edited 4 days ago)

SpunkySix
4 days ago#88
Did anyone notice a very peculiar little mound of dirt at the east end of town?
What doth life?

lenmutt
4 days ago#89
SpunkySix posted...
Did anyone notice a very peculiar little mound of dirt at the east end of town?

🐙

lenmutt
4 days ago#90
SpunkySix posted...
she'd end up being the second coming of Undyne, only to end up being

They do share some parallels
  1. Boards
  2. Warflame
  3. New game called "DELTARUNE" by Toby Fox