You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Warflame
  3. New game called "DELTARUNE" by Toby Fox

User Info: Traptin3days

Traptin3days
2 weeks ago#11
Ya know I was just thinking of Undertale, and Doki Doki club or what's it called. Had I played those fresh, I would've probably liked them a lot. But that whole experience was ruined for me even before I played them, and that makes me reluctant to play them now since I already know their "thing" or "trick". It is pretty annoying. Gaming takes time and my time is finite so I am more likely to spend my time on something new and/or exciting

I have fled any Night in the woods spoilers tho, hopefully I get to play it soon.

Anyhow, that whole spin made me think of replaying games. I already know the thing/trick about Majora's Mask, Wind Waker, Monkey Island, Luigi's Mansion, Crash Bandicoot 2, The Talos Principle, yet I come back to them. Got spoiled on TTP but still enjoy it a lot. I feel like games that relay too much on effect lose it after you are aware of it. I need to one day play some more of Undertale and Doki to get a verdict, but the former's gameplay bored me and the other feels like a waste of time when I know what it is about so we'll see.
After all is said and done, we all end up as skeletons
Tales unending, rules a-bending, journey just begun

User Info: lenmutt

lenmutt
2 weeks ago#12
i got pretty lucky i ended up being first exposed to UT via a lets play which had two people playing who were so unaware of the game they used spoilery music for first few episodes intro before the intro artist had to tell them to switch it which i think after that they used Sans' default theme for the rest.

After their pacifist neutral and true pacifist runs i watched alot of stuff on my own. Then on WF i sense a seething resentment towards the game by more than a few users
(edited 2 weeks ago)

User Info: OcarinaofToast

OcarinaofToast
2 weeks ago#13
I was first introduced to it early on by my cool cousin so I guess I don't really get the hate personally. Sad that people had the game ruined for them.
Mew Mew Kissy Cutie 2 is neither kissy, nor cutie. It is trash. 0 stars.

User Info: lenmutt

lenmutt
2 weeks ago#14
OcarinaofToast posted...
I was first introduced to it early on by my cool cousin so I guess I don't really get the hate personally. Sad that people had the game ruined for them.

What's cool was Spunky was a naysayer towards UT due to the overwhelming love from fanbase. I and many others kept telling him to play it for himself and after he did he greatly enjoyed himself.

User Info: endergamer537

endergamer537
2 weeks ago#15
Oh s*** I will definitely check this out. I loved Undertale
3DS FC: 1864-8493-9429 | Switch FC: SW-5846-7581-7691
"HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DARK LORD!"

User Info: SpunkySix

SpunkySix
2 weeks ago#16
Innnnteresting. How long is it?
What doth life?

User Info: OcarinaofToast

OcarinaofToast
2 weeks ago#17
SpunkySix posted...

Based on my experience and looking at full streams, I'd say about 3 hours doing a casual playthrough.
Mew Mew Kissy Cutie 2 is neither kissy, nor cutie. It is trash. 0 stars.

User Info: Zeloetta

Zeloetta
2 weeks ago#18
I forgot who told me about UT at first. I think I was just go told "Go play it. The less you know, the better." And I REALLY enjoyed it. One of my favorite games for sure. It's sad that people won't play it because of the fanbase. I can't think of anything I have felt that way about...
Formerly known as Mistress_Zelda_
https://imgur.com/mwRRgOv.jpg

User Info: SpunkySix

SpunkySix
2 weeks ago#19
OcarinaofToast posted...
SpunkySix posted...

Based on my experience and looking at full streams, I'd say about 3 hours doing a casual playthrough.

Hmmmmm okay then, not tonight but soon. Thanks!

Zeloetta posted...
One of my favorite games for sure. It's sad that people won't play it because of the fanbase.

I absolutely adored the game when I played it, but it took me way longer to play it than it otherwise would have and I would've gone in with less spoilers had the fandom not crammed them down my throat for like a year straight.
What doth life?
(edited 2 weeks ago)

User Info: Garioshi

Garioshi
2 weeks ago#20
It was a really fun time, and it's a huge step up (mechanically) from Undertale. Combat is a straight improvement. I love how the game incentivizes you to get as close as possible to attacks rather than just run away. Combat never really got stale for me, either. I almost died to the secret boss, and that challenge is very welcome. Quite a few pieces of music were bangers, my favorite being the field theme. I also adore the playing card motif, and I hope it persists over the course of the whole game. The dialogue was fantastic, and the in-combat banter in particular had me laughing out loud.
"I can't wait to get cancer" - Forgotten, 2018
  1. Boards
  2. Warflame
  3. New game called "DELTARUNE" by Toby Fox