• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Warflame
  3. SMASH DIRECT! November 1st, 40 minutes long

User Info: Zeloetta

Zeloetta
2 weeks ago#421
lenmutt posted...
Sephirotht posted...
Ok with that knowledge I'll accept Incineroar. As respect towards his VA.

it is kinda a cool tribute to him in a weird way. Funnily if I had a male Incineroar in moon the plan was to name him Mr. Satan utterly unaware of the connection.

Sephirotht posted...
Chrom is the go-to punching bag anyway.

I almost feel sorta sorry for Chrom like lets break him down real quick

Chrom is not an original fighter

Chrom is an echo.... of Roy the beloved Melee character who was essentially a Marth Echo who became "Luigified" when he made his big welcomed DLC comeback in 4. Additionally Chrom has Ike's up B speaking of Ike... Not even sure why he is a Roy echo...

Chrom is a masculine blue hair lord... Something Ike does worlds better

Chrom's game already had representation in the last game making him alil pointless altogether

Chrom is still part of Robin's final smash

Chrom is bottom barrel, go figure given Roy and Ike were lower tier compared to rest of FE cast but he manages to be even worse with worse recovery than little mac.

I do not begrudge chrom like @Zeloetta but i must recognize a poorly thought out joke of a character who honestly seems like he is only hear to fulfill "i'll get my chance another day" line which makes how bizarrely handled even weirder

outside of die hard chrom fans I don't see much appeal here

Haha wow I never realized how pathetic Chrom is as a fighter. It makes him even more of a joke!
Formerly known as Mistress_Zelda_
https://imgur.com/mwRRgOv.jpg

User Info: lenmutt

lenmutt
2 weeks ago#422
Zeloetta posted...
Haha wow I never realized how pathetic Chrom is as a fighter. It makes him even more of a joke!

he just feels so slapdash. while i am not the most driven FE fan by a large margin for me

I like Ike the most as a character third most gameplay wise then it's a toss up between Roy & Corrin (her moveset is cool)

So lesser blue hair lord with roy's moves and ike's up b does not much hell i get TWO Ikes!
https://i.imgtc.com/aqOpFGM.jpg
hot damn beautiful boy becomes a MAN

@messhia_dark

User Info: SpunkySix

SpunkySix
2 weeks ago#423
lenmutt posted...
Chrom's game already had representation in the last game making him alil pointless altogether

Well I mean FE fans got multiple newcomers last time but they had to wait one game for another character they wanted though so of course Sakurai couldn't let that stand.

Meanwhile Dixie since Melee
What doth life?

lenmutt
2 weeks ago#424
SpunkySix posted...
Well I mean FE fans got multiple newcomers last time but they had to wait one game for another character they wanted though so of course Sakurai couldn't let that stand.

..... so Awakening fans waited 1 game to get another character when they already had 2 characters... okay meanwhile FE fans who want
https://i.imgtc.com/IUW6yLf.jpg

any of those are basically relegated to spirits (btw the amount of spirits are crazy)

hell Awakening got both robins, lucina, chrom and riki as an assist... Like i get Awakening basically saved the franchise but hot damn

well I'm just glad Black Knight is here haha and poor Lyn is a Veteran Assist Trophy now

i've said it before and only way to "fix" FE reps in smash is to go back in time with Melee

User Info: SpunkySix

SpunkySix
2 weeks ago#425
lenmutt posted...
meanwhile FE fans who want

Oh no, Fire Emblem fans have some of the most characters in the game but they didn't get extra characters on top of one of their most wanted newcomers from last time?

Poor them. Meanwhile Chibi Robo is nothing but a spirit and Sakurai refuses to actually save that series because he doesn't care about it personally.
What doth life?

lenmutt
2 weeks ago#426
SpunkySix posted...

Oh no, Fire Emblem fans have some of the most characters in the game but they didn't get extra characters on top of one of their most wanted newcomers from last time?

here's the thing tho FE fans for the most part would trade Roy/Lucina/Robin/Chrom and especially Corrin (guess they are awful in their game) so many older characters

hell even FEW really focused alot on modern FEW so awakening and fates i mean i am glad the fates train basically skipped Smash bros but then it took over FEW

liking first FE and Latest FE is only thing you really get validation for which is a shame

I really thought FEW would be THE game for those who didn't get characters in smash but hell Tellius games are outright not in

and now we have the very good looking which has three proper looking lords and 1 avatar teacher tactician person so now what? another robin/corrin next time or as dlc down the line? like the new lords are not even sword users and none have blue hair they almost feel on purpose trying to be different with one being an axe user, another as a mage and the hot one is an archer

lenmutt
2 weeks ago#427
BTW not asking for more FE in smash just forever baffled at how the series was handled in smash and by extension FEW

lenmutt
2 weeks ago#428
SpunkySix posted...
Poor them. Meanwhile Chibi Robo is nothing but a spirit and Sakurai refuses to actually save that series because he doesn't care about it personally.

maybe in the future Chibi will be the new Retro rep.... think about that.

lenmutt
2 weeks ago#429
just saw this post on smash board well two post
Geminosity posted...
Sakurasamuraizz posted...
1/7 is a true female, which is so strange considering the series banks a lot on “waifus”

Sakurai is determined to keep his smash fanfic about Lucina's reverse harem going. Though I must admit it's reaching the upper levels of discomfort now that he's topped it off by adding her Dad.

never even crossed my mind that FE in smash is basically a reverse harem anime would even have an episode where "oh no! Robin and Corrin got gender swapped!"

and chrom is the hapless dad hence why he is low tier.

FE in smash a fanfic by sakurai x3 tickles me

User Info: Werewolf-Kirby

Werewolf-Kirby
2 weeks ago#430
https://mobile.twitter.com/Sora_Sakurai/status/1059958604818657282

Was this posted here yet?
Official Kirby of the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate boards!
  1. Boards
  2. Warflame
  3. SMASH DIRECT! November 1st, 40 minutes long
  • Topic Archived